Drag-City Groundbreaking - CVSR Forums

Misc
   >> CVSR News
Thread views: 168778

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Drag-City Groundbreaking   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   1:38 PM     

Drag-City, which will be opening in Banning early next year, is having it's official ground-breaking ceremony this weekend. So if you want to show your support for the new track, show up! There will be drag-cars on display and even some famous racers will be there. The event starts at 11am on Saturday. Check out their website for more info.

Post Extras: Print Post

Phatmatt

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 3, 02   2:23 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

Drag city looks great, I'm excited for you guys.

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   2:33 PM    [re: Phatmatt] 

i would like to see some pictures of this place when its done. whats so special about this place besides it being new.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   3:34 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Well I can say that I have been behind Drag City for Several Years before the end up at Banning. What is so Special about one of the first Drag Strips being built in more then 30years. As we call Drag City " A Place to Race" That is all. LOL Hope that helped.
As for anyone going to be at the Ground breaking like I asked several weeks ago if anyone is going let me know I will be there in So Cal for the Ground Breaking. Hope to see some of you there...mls

Peace,

TRM

Cutlass

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   4:06 PM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

i'll be there with my car on display

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 4, 02   9:02 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

yeah gtp, you have to realize that l.a. is sprawl to the wall. there is no space anywhere. which means that putting a dragstrip ANYWHERE is going to piss a lot of people off. out here in the boonies like where you and me live, it's a lot easier to build one out in the middle of a cattle pasture (sacramento raceway), and piss of maybe one or two people.

it's not the same down there...drag strips have been dwindling for years, getting shut down for one reason or another.

it's a whole different world down there...

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   8:02 AM    [re: uglystick] 

Yea, i was in l.a. last year and i know what your saying. i didnt realize the new strip was in l.a. we have had the same track around here for the past 35 years. they just keep resurfacing the track. its holding up though.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   8:03 AM    [re: uglystick] 

I'm pretty sure I wont be there.... so far the Dramameter is pointing to no... but I may show up to check it out with a few new friends....

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   10:51 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

i forgot to tell you, our track used to be four lanes about ten years ago. that would be so sweet to be racing 3 other cars at one time.

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   12:55 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

wow, it would be just like fast and furious

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   1:06 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

no, sweet. that was 16 cars racing at once. ;-)

jason

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   3:37 PM    [re: uglystick] 

my bad.... on a four lane highway, right?

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   4:37 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

i was just bein a smart ass. i think it was four or five cars. silly movie...

jason

hooyeah
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Sep 5, 02   4:48 PM    [re: uglystick] 

4 white umm then the other three it was funny when his floor board fell out

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   8:59 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

that happens to my sentra all the time when I sqeeze

hooyeah
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   1:02 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

do all of your cars here always have that extra gear too? just when u need it in a close race you hit the extra ignored gear and fly away i love my extra gear

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

FordFactor

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   4:32 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

yes something about 7th gear in my mustang...lol

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   4:53 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

7th????

you need to catch up and get 9th gear...you're two behind on the latest fashion... point oh eight overdrive, baby! just for that day when you have 2600hp to push it.

jason

hooyeah
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   6:14 PM    [re: uglystick] 

anyone seen driven that movie is a classic for the extra gear thing it's freking rediculous

FordFactor

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Sep 6, 02   10:28 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

yup somewhere in between 22nd or 23rd gear, you really do get that star stretching effect like in star trek/starwars.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   5:02 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

That drag city opening thing was pretty cool. Alot of cool cars, and i finally got to see FwyWarrior's and Cutlass' cars. When does drag city hope to be opend by? its not too far of a drive for me so im going to be racing there when theyre open. I didnt bring my car, but that was my friend and i watchin FwyWarrior and Cutlass take off leaving. And i must say, your cars sound and look fucking awesome. Anybody else go to the opening?

P.S.: i was the dude with the long hair lol

Check Out:

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc

--Alot of stuff on our cars here--My forums: http://spddemontc.proboards7.com/index.cgi -- talk there if ur tired of cvsr lol

Cutlass

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   11:53 PM    [re: Metal396] 

yeah it was pretty sweet, especially the 7 second Elco that was with us. we also got put on the news so that was cool to see the cars on tv.

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Sep 7, 02   11:57 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

I had no clue it was guna be on tv. Bummer, was it on a local channel or what? That old funny car was some loud shit also lol.

Check Out:

--Alot of stuff on our cars here--My forums: http://spddemontc.proboards7.com/index.cgi -- talk there if ur tired of cvsr lol

hooyeah
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   1:24 AM    [re: Metal396] 

P.S.: i was the dude with the long hair lol

MULLETTTTT!!!!!!!

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   11:12 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

hahahha i dont have a mullet... yet anyways.. but from i see, so far at least a few of us here on cvsr have some long hair.. hell yeah lol

Check Out:

FordFactor

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   11:12 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

woo hoo, dude you need a Camaro...jk

1/4mile+11.85seconds= me

Cutlass

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sun Sep 8, 02   6:44 PM    [re: Metal396] 

it was on channel 3 and 6 local.

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   8:02 AM    [re: Cutlass] 

I have long hair.... I was waaaaay to hungover to go to the ground breaking thing. I think I rolled my ass outta bed and into Goody's at 2pm....

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   3:34 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Are you guys and gals goin to route-66? I sure am. Are you guys gunna display the race-prep stuff there? Just wanna see how many people from cvsr im gunna meet and see their cars lol.

Check Out:

Cutlass

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   4:50 PM    [re: Metal396] 

i'll probably roll out there Sat morning sometime. i don't think the race prep stuff will be there cause they charge an arm and a leg to set up a display.

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 9, 02   5:09 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

you work at race-prep cutlass?

jason

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   8:42 AM    [re: uglystick] 

I'm not going... I'm sick of all the fucking bullshit.

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   11:14 AM    [re: Cutlass] 

Hello Cutlas,
I was good to meet you. By the time it hit me that Race-Prep was out their they had left. I am not sure who was all there with them Sorry we missed them Sorry we missed Fwywarrior too. We will be looking to see you all when we make it back out next year.....mls

Peace,

TRM

Cutlass

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   4:22 PM    [re: uglystick] 

no, i don't work there, i've known them for years though.

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   4:42 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

isnt FwyWarrior, Big red, and the other olds (71 i think) all brothers? i could be totaly wrong but for some reason thats what my mind picked up from reading all of fwywarriors and the old's website info. Just curious.

Check Out:

hooyeah
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   5:16 PM    [re: Metal396] 

i am pretty sure fwywarrior and big red are related i think brothers but i'm not sure and the other olds is drive71 right? i don't know much about him at all rarely see him on here anymore

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 10, 02   5:27 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

yeah i think thats his screen name, i totaly forgot. This is his website, i forgot how i found it , maybe its on his profile, but i put it on my favorites list along time ago: http://shlockrod.50megs.com/ .

Check Out:

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 11, 02   8:13 AM    [re: Metal396] 

hooyeah is right... they're all bros.

SweetRacerGurl16
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:39 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

cool

SweetRacerGurl16
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:39 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

sounds fun

SweetRacerGurl16
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:40 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

maybe i can go...

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:44 PM    [re: SweetRacerGurl16] 

ya.... just bust out the plutonium... or we can look for some lightning...

Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Metal396

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:54 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

????????????????????????????????????

Maybe im just zoned out today.....

----------------------------------------------------
Rock on.

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   3:58 PM    [re: Metal396] 

i didn't get it either at first think of going back to the future

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->>

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Nov 13, 02   4:00 PM    [re: Metal396] 

no, I'm just being seriously sarcastic.... plutonium for the delorean that we're gonna need to go back in time to go to the grand opening

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   8:20 AM    [re: Metal396] 

stoner

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Dec 6, 02   9:52 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

hey neon, you're the one replying to month old messages...

HEY...yeah you...i'm over here to your left...

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.

sweetdevil

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Dec 9, 02   1:24 PM    [re: uglystick] 

I looked... too much driving this weekend

I live my life one paycheck at a time

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Jan 10, 03   11:13 PM    [re: uglystick] 

since when do i reply to old messages?

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Jan 11, 03   5:20 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

lol! You're just entertaining

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Jan 11, 03   7:39 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

i dont think so

GotRiceBitch

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:13 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

That's funny because everyone else does. Hahaha.
Sorry, just had to put in my 2 cents.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:29 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Now that the smoke has cleared Chadwick, look at the date of the post:
11/13/02 03:54 PM
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking [re: sweetdevil] Reply

????????????????????????????????????

Maybe im just zoned out today.....

You are more than just entertainment!

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:19 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

awesome

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   7:35 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

More new news from Banning, they have secured Mopar sponsorship for the track and it will now be called Mopar Drag City, check it out at www.drag-city.com. The dirt movers should be there soon.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sun Mar 16, 03   7:58 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

sounds like it is going to be pretty awesome, i would love to buy some land close by the track, it would be a good spot for a race shop

LS4_454
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Mar 17, 03   8:37 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Word from the NHRA tech inspectors is that they should be starting to move dirt in June. They certainly wont make their April date for the first event.

Rx_otary_Se7en
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   3:11 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

Some of the info on this site makes no sense with its name. if its Coachella Valley >>>STREET<<< racing, then why would u care about a track being built?

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   11:36 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

Hey here's an idea dipshit, maybe because if some of us actually had a track near by we would race there. Oh, and also the fact that Coachella took a big hit by street race enforcement a while back and the scene has died down a bit.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   7:01 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Man, that guys a fuckin idiot!! i havent seen one post that made any sense by him.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   7:47 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

does he race a grand am also?

Rx_otary_Se7en
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   10:21 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Dipshit huh? Maybe cuz im right? Dude, your name is Ben, im not taking you seriously.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 1, 03   11:16 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

what a funny fuck

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   7:56 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Wow neon learn your cars bud. GTP is a Grand prix you pathetic fuck! Get rid of that p.o.s. vette too. why in the hell would you buy an 81? The most un desireable vette built. I see a whole lot of shit talking with you and nothing to back it. When are you going to get that neon on the road to race Drift? Bring you pocket full of cash and be prepared to be owned. i think you bit off more than you can chew this time.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   10:07 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i am getting rid of it, i have acupple strong buyers, 81 isn't my first choice but seeing that i got it extremely cheep and will make close to 3 grand off of it makes it extremely desirable. Ya have no worthy opinion F&Fboy fuck off

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   10:12 AM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

LOL! Now that's an interesting line of logic. My name is Ben; therefore I cannot be right. Shit, I gotta talk to my philosophy professor about this one.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   10:14 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

well ya do know what they say about people named ben

Driftninja

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   10:25 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

how does that make it DESIRABLE at all?? and i hope if what you say is true then you should not have paid more than $5,000 for it.

'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:21 PM    [re: Driftninja] 

I was thinking he should have paid more like $3000 for that piece of shit and $2000 if he wants to make a small profit. Either way, he's just some dueche bag snot nose kid that pretendes he is making money. Come back to reality chad. (if you know what that is)

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:51 PM    [re: Driftninja] 

i'll put it this way i have a buyer for it @ 5000$ which is still cheep for what it is, thats how it makes it desirable

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:52 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

pretendes lol jellous POOR bastard

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   12:59 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Jealous? HAHAHA, i just bought my first house!!! how is that for jealous? Again, you are a pathetic fuck man. How can i be jealous of somebody that has nothing?

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:03 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Oh and buying and selling cars is nothing special. I do it everyday but i dont deal with $2000 beaters like you do.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:10 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

fuck a house your going to be paying off for the rest of your life? man all my assets amount up to pry double of what you put as a downpayment and fuck lets not talk about what i would have if i liquidated my securities, fuck you have fun paying a mortgage, when im your age I'll buy a house all CASH!!!!! that's why ya talk so much shit cuz some one younger then you has came up in this world a lot faster then you

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:15 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

buying and selling cars is what i do on the side, you do that for a living? what i do that brings in the $$$$$ is exporting Engines,trannys, accessories (waterpumps,alt,power steering set ups ect..) to Australia, i load up aprox 75-100 running engines and 50-75 trannys + 100 missalanious core pieces in the containers once every 2 months, oh and i have my stocks on the side =) have a nice day

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   1:16 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

poor jellous boy hahaha, i can feal the hate

Rx_otary_Se7en
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   2:47 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

I never said you couldnt be right, i said i dont take you seriously.Please dont get made at me Gentle Ben...=D

VW_Nut

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   3:35 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Your a real stupid shit aren't you? The worse thing to do is pay off a house, it is the best write off you can have. Pay for it the rest of your life? Guess you aren't planning on living for another 20-30 years? Live hard die young.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!

VW_Nut

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   3:37 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Stocks, imort/export, buy/sell POS's, change jobs every 2 months. Ive seen some of your older posts, what do you do when you get off this board? Go back to bed and wait for 8th grade to start in the morning?

VW_Nut

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   3:43 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

I would care about track so I can race at a safe place and get some time slips so I know how well my car is actually running instead, "I think it is faster" but still lose to the same guy on the street.
With people like Neon here it may soon change to Coachella Valley "Bench" Racing.

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   3:50 PM    [re: VW_Nut] 

aww come on, chad knows his shit, he's just inarticulate so he resorts to short 'fuck off' posts ;-)

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft EFI w/ Haltech E6k; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.

Driftninja

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   7:04 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

haha! realestate is where its at buddy. my dad bought his house 3 years ago in rancho mirage for $650,000 he just sold it for $1,250,000. within those 3 years he has had haggar pant pay him for a photoshoot and many others. the most recent was he rented the home out to bravo for a reality tv show. they paid him big. the show is called "boy meets boy" if you want to check up on it and my dads name is mark davis. you are so pathetic it isnt funny. you may know your shit about neons but when it comes to life its one big fantasy world. i do stocks on the side just like you ao i have a ? for you. because of the terrorist attacks on the wtc. what was the percentige of your losses (or gains) in the stocks you have shares for.

'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger

Rx_otary_Se7en
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   8:17 PM    [re: Driftninja] 

Dude i cant even remember wha ti had for breakfast 3 days ago, and thats the most exciting part of my day.

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   9:02 PM    [re: Driftninja] 

Ahhh, I dont think I would mention that too much, but too late now. Isn't Chad the star of that show?
You have to understand something about our buddy Chad, he is only 18 (or something) but he has owned 40+ cars (matchbox?), 6 Rolex's (Fossil's?), he has owned a Porsche repair shop (car washer?)and toured the country with a Porsche racing team. His latest venture was at some sort of fabrication shop and now he is destined to be some kind of teacher (back to high school to earn his GED?) And most importantly, we are extremely jealous of the all knowing Chad and sometimes we fuck with him in ways he just can't figure out. LOL

Driftninja

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 2, 03   9:57 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

haha ok. thats funny.

'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   7:18 AM    [re: Driftninja] 

Lol, He must think we were all born yesterday is all i have to say.

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   12:12 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i'm saying this one last time, chad's the best entertainment we have here. and he does know his shit well enough to put him in the top 25 percent of people who post here more than 15 times.

the vids of his cammed nitrous neon from the passenger compartment were pretty nice. fucker tach'd real well. i could have avoided the part where he put the camera in his lap to shift gears though. but hey, that's talent - romping on the gas, hitting the go button, shifting gears and filming all at once, i'd like to see one of you clumsy fuckers do that ;-)

nuff said.

j

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   12:53 PM    [re: uglystick] 

he might know his shit about cars but he has alot to learn in other areas.

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:20 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

uh huh. agreed.

your post whore dollars at work,

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:26 PM    [re: uglystick] 

????????????????????????????? post whore dollars? that was over my head. lol

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:36 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i've written at least five one line posts in the last twenty minutes. i was just making fun of myself again, kindof like saying 'your taxpayer dollars at work.' i dunno, i'm stupid.

oh, hey...remember that time when i got all the turbo shit from the guy in north carolina for $500, well, i sold about 20% of the value of that stuff - two turbos and an exhaust manifold for the twin setup for $750 today!!!

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   3:01 PM    [re: uglystick] 

congrats<--------------------------------------now this is whoring

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   7:40 PM    [re: Rx_otary_Se7en] 

If you dont think the site name sense then you should check some of the forums. We turned the classifieds into a regular forum and the import has more domestic talk than ricer shit. Now that's fucked up!

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   6:28 PM    [re: uglystick] 

i wasnt useing nitrous in those vids

uglystick

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   2:33 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

well in that case, all the more reason for y'all not to doubt chad.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   6:00 PM    [re: uglystick] 

i dont doubt him, he's just a prick. Simple as that.

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   1:26 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

whoever said having a mortgage was stupid is an idiot you may realise if you have the money to pay off your house when you buy it DO it an average mortgage will end up costing 3 times as much as the house would hav cash in the long run 200,000$ house you'll pay about 600,000$

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Sep 29, 03   8:57 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

I drove past the "Banning" project and the water tower is down, not a good sign for a construction project. Their web site now mentions construction may not begin until December, so much for the Feb '04 opening considering they feel it will take 7 months to build/open.

KaosMan
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Oct 3, 03   2:05 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

I read that too...haven't seen the construction site though. I just hope the thing actually gets built sometime in the near future.

Power is nothing without control

Team Organized Kaos

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Apr 16, 04   7:58 PM    [re: KaosMan] 

when you think it will be done, times that # by 5 and thats when it will be finished

roadhog
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Apr 30, 04   9:53 AM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

hey that was a cool shit there so let us know more info on some more track openings

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue May 18, 04   9:56 PM    [re: roadhog] 

Myles is Drag Citys poster child.
The "track" is nothing more than a message board. Banning now has one of the nicest streets around with the new "entrance" road to the ":track". They are still having the city finalize the plans for the tower and track. What big construction project that has supposedly been approved start with just a street?
These guys have no money and the track will not see the light of day.
Go check out their site, it is a joke.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon May 31, 04   3:44 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

it was a scam

GotRiceBitch

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon May 31, 04   7:34 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

If it was/is a scam, then a lot of people lost a lot of money on it and I hope someone files a lawsuit. That's BS.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Thu Jun 3, 04   3:42 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

it would have to be a class action

ms692
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:58 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

IS THERE A POINT TO ANY OF THIS??

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover

LethalToy

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Jul 20, 04   9:53 PM    [re: ms692] 

your posts? No.

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

ms692
Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Jul 21, 04   5:57 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

SUCK ME

you can go fast but i can go anywhere because i own a land rover

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   7:58 PM    [re: ms692] 

fuck off

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Aug 9, 04   12:13 AM    [re: LS4_454] 

Thank you I am glad that I am a post child for something at least. Kind of strange that I seem be behind these people more then some of you locals. With me being over 2000 miles away. Seems kind of strange I can do that from my little neck of the woods LOL. .......................trm

Peace,

Myles

p.s.
Hope to see you next visit we make out that way.....trm

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Aug 10, 04   6:41 PM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

The only reason to be behind them is to help push them off the cliff for lying to everyone.
The track is supposed to open Sept '04, but as ususual, there are more "delays" ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$).
Now they are shooting for 2010

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Aug 10, 04   8:35 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

Wow you seem upset. Wonder why that is, only you know. This is the first new track that is not being built at another place. I looked at the site and it says 2005 but I guess you must have insight that others do not. Since you say "2010". So if this track gets going are you going to race at it? I am just wondering if the people that thing it is "scam" are going race there? If they do not get it done I can say wow the fooled me. Can you? Good Luck and hope to see you out at the races when we head back out that way......:)trm

quik67firebird

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:45 AM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

LS4_454 has a valid point TRM, the folks at Drag city have been giving every excuse they could think of as a reason for delays in the building of the track. They keep modifying the timeline and pushing back the opening dates. When they first posted a timeline on the site the opening date was late 2003. Then they bumped it up to fall of 2004, and now they say 2005. I think we'll all be glad if they actually do build a track, but it's starting to look like it is just a scam to get money from the sponsers that they have been signing up.

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   10:24 AM    [re: quik67firebird] 

Have you ever thought that they are just running out of money and it's going to cost more than they projected? Thats how it sounds to me. The guy might be going or is bankrupt for all you know and other pepole are trying to pick up the project.

TheRealMyles

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   11:33 AM    [re: quik67firebird] 

Yes I do see his point I am not taking that away from him. How many years have you been involved with them as in American Racing the parent company of "Drag City"? I can see that somepeople do not think it is going to happen and that is fine. Everyone can have their say. I have seen what they have done from the start. Yes I did live in Southern California I went to meetings. I even was in So Cal for the ground breaking. I am not sure if everyone understands what it takes to do this. If you(meaning that is someone knows they should do it. Not directed at any one person) do it then, start you own new track in the Palm Desert area. WE can not ever have enough drag strips since Carlsbad is closed for good now. That is one less track that ran almost every weekend. I hope others are willing to open a track since some think they know what it takes to. Talk with you all soon.....trm

quik67firebird

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   2:41 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

You're right BlownGTP, they could be running out of money. Sure. But since they have only paved about 100' of entrance to the puposed drag strip, and if they are out of money already, then this is going to take a very long time to complete.

Hey TRM, I was at the ground breaking (Ground Pounding) too. I was driving the Firebird you see in my Avatar. I saw Cutlasses ride there, but didn't see any others from this board that I noticed. What were you driving at the time?

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:08 PM    [re: quik67firebird] 

He was in the primer Gremlin

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:18 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

The problem is that they dont have any money to build this. They have tried to build tracks elsewhere in the state with the same results. One of the main problems is that because of their NSF bank accounts, none of the landmover equipment people will even talk with them.
TRM was at the ground breaking, and when was that? And what is built now? It is just a city street about 300 ft long that leads into a dirt mound.
What investor is going to wait 5+ years with nothing built for a track and expect to earn something back? That is because there is no investors, just pending sponsorship.
The closest they got to building this was the groundbreaking when they hired a local farmer to move some bushes and a truck water tower set up in the nearby field.
This will slowly dissolve, jusy like the drag-city sticker on my rear window.

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:21 PM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

Yea, 2005, and 2004,2003,2002, get the picture? Probably not.
Race at it? I wont be into racing electric cars at that point.
What have you seen that is "done"? This all started in Rialto, then moved to Banning, and there isn't anything done that shows a track being built. The only thing that has happened is their web site, and that is all drag city will ever be, a place to chat.

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Wed Aug 11, 04   8:52 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

after a few bowls and some thinkin i got a theory, A few low budget investors start puting togeather an idea (scam) to build a track to get biger investors money before the project gets past 5% complete, say they invest 25k each so they have 100k totall. so they have enough money to lease some land, have media advertise the project, get a web site going, have a ground breaking and a road built. Investors would see lots of potential in a business like that, i bet they got a few million from investors then ditched the project

VW_Nut

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   12:51 PM    [re: TheRealMyles] 

Hey TRM,
They fooled everyone, it was just smoke and mirrors and nothing more. IT WILL NEVER BE BUILT!

How about those "memberships" they tried selling 4 years ago? If anyone actually bought one, what do you think they are doing with it now? Get the picture?

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Aug 17, 04   8:37 PM    [re: VW_Nut] 

so whos got 25k and wants to build a off road race track in palm springs =)?

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Aug 20, 04   10:23 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

"after a few bowls and some thinkin i got a theory, A few low budget investors start puting togeather an idea (scam) to build a track to get biger investors money before the project gets past 5% complete, say they invest 25k each so they have 100k totall. so they have enough money to lease some land, have media advertise the project, get a web site going, have a ground breaking and a road built. Investors would see lots of potential in a business like that, i bet they got a few million from investors then ditched the project "

That has got to be the first time you made any real sense.

"

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Fri Aug 20, 04   10:26 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

I think the first post says it all, dated 9/3/02

2 Years later and only a repaved street 300 feet long.

Now what Myles?

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Mon Aug 23, 04   8:10 PM    [re: LS4_454] 

i gota be the smartest fuck on this planet

LS4_454

Re: Drag-City Groundbreaking new   Posted Tue Aug 24, 04   7:55 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

You and GTP Sleeper

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1