CHP Camaros! - CVSR Forums

Misc
   >> CVSR News
Thread views: 174298

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
FwyWarriorAdministrator

CHP Camaros!   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:17 PM     

Highway Patrol to
begin using Chevy Camaros

The California Highway Patrol just announced it will begin deploying modified Camaros throughout the state. With the I-10 freeway running though the heart of the valley, you can bet we will be seeing them in our mirrors. They were created to aid in keeping big-rig truck drivers cruising along at the speed limit, but I'm sure they would be happy to test them out on a few runaway street racers. The cars are equipped with oil coolers and six-speeds for long pursuits, and are capable of up to 160mph - so running is not an option, unless maybe you're a contender at the Silver State Classic.

For the full story click here.

Post Extras: Print Post

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:27 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

that is total bullshit in my eyes. we already have those here. we also have mustang cops. its like they arent here to help us for anything, they just want to trick us and bust us. im sick of this crap.

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:33 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

I don't mess with the crown vics...what makes them think I will mess with a camaro or a mustang...shit...lol...I mean a lot of our cars are fast...but radiowaves are faster..Oh well...

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   2:38 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

In reply to:

From the full story: "If we keep changing our look, it will keep everyone wondering if we're out there," he said.

In the Sacramento area, the CHP wants truck drivers constantly asking themselves if a patrol car is lurking somewhere in traffic.

I don't know about you guys, but I think them being low profile is more dangerous. I'm more apt to get into an accident when I'm trying to figure out if it's a cop or not, instead of having my focus where it should be.

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   3:45 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

well i think its good that there on the streets to catch the fast truckers but sory to tell ya guys they arent out to catch the street racers i know many cops from chp,pspd and sherrif and none of them said that there gunna do that so just dont speed on the freeway when were going to the tracks. But one more thing is that there putting out lke a hit loud of these camaros and its called they will be all over and were ar most of the tracks? ye thats right you guessed it. s slow down on the freeway!

FordFactor

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   10:37 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Don't be Pissed off, Theyre ment to keep the truckers from speeding, Most of the time where we're gonna do the speeding is in the streets, hence the name "STREET" racing. Its obious that they'll appear in your rear view mirrors wether its a Crown Vic. or a Moded Camaro, if your speeding your violating the law so its a must to pull you over right?

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 19, 02   11:07 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

If I came off as being angry towards the CHP or condoning running from the cops, that is not what I intended. I don't have anything against them at all. I'm simply letting everyone here know what's out there. I'm pretty sure just about everyone here has run up their car a little on the freeway late at night, but people who blatently endanger others by racing through traffic, are idiots and deserve to be caught.

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   12:08 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

you know what erik your totally right about that. The cops ar out there to help us out and you guys have no idea how much waorthey do to keep us safe! I think some of the people in te site think thre the shit capingon cops but they dont think hard enough to know what eles the cops to do to help us out. But i do think its gay that they dont let us race or even make a track for us around here. sorry my dad is a cop

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   7:30 AM    [re: OneCrazyMoFo] 

i think the pepole that are weaving in and out of traffic are idiots too. but i do beleive that some of the faster drivers are the better drivers. at least the faster drivers are focused on the road. the pepole that need to b pulled over are some of the soccer moms that have most their attention on the kids in the back seats of their mini vans and cut you off because they are so focused on the kids they dont even care about whats goin on in front of them. or you have the pepole that are going 10 under because they barely know how to keep the car between the lines. Those are the pepole that cause accidents. i think the police need to focus on that kinda thing a little bit more than the good drivers that like to pick up the pace a little bit. oh and for the truck drivers, i think they should get a little more rspect on the road. pepole are always cutting them off and tailgaiting them. ok, most of the accidents that include rigs are fatal but damn, look how big they are compared to a car. they are just looking for a reason to buy Z28's in my eyes and they dont need them. besides, they stopped making them and now we are gonna waste them for the cops! LOL

------------------------------------------------------------- I dont know what i love more, cars or girls! actually wait, i like girls more!

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jun 20, 02   5:53 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

i agree with you the fast drivers usually are the more attentive drivers but they also have longer stopping distances ect making it harder to avoid the accidents they may not see as often. but then there are the fast drivers who get so full of themselves they think they can cut in front of everyone becasue they are the greatest drivers in the world, and the ones who are eating lunch and still refuse to slow down. the fact is though after all of that most of the fast drivers are kids with almost no experience so i feel the fast drivers are still more risky then the slow ones.

if the cops wanted to change their image use unmarked units buy geos or civics buy a little bit of everything minivans common cars cheaper and truckers will never suspect it, they should jsut go to the dealerships and pick up some caravans some cavaliers and sun fires some suvs and some trucks maybe even a civic or two thats how they should go asbout staying un suspected

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   9:23 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

I sure as hell wouldn't pull over if a friggin civic pulled up behind me with a light bar!!! You've gotta be kidding!

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   9:41 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

hahaha, i never stopped to picture that one!

FordFactor

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   2:22 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

I'd slow down, and go behind the civic and chase him. Pull him ovef for driving too slow, or pretending to have a fast car.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jun 21, 02   5:18 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

lol...I would pay to see that one...the fugitive chasing the cop...funny stuff...The new fast and the furious...j/k

SupraStoner

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   7:58 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

Yea, I'm all the way in Maryland. But that sucks ass for you all. We dpn't have any Camaro cops here, we got these white Mustang ones. Annoying, considering they're V4s but whatever....

I think they waste their time with this shit, and most of them aren't going to be used anyways. Not in the right way atleast. Good luck to you CV people, challenging cops and shit lol j/k...don't do that, even normal Crown Victoria's got 501 blocks but whatever...

Pz..!

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   8:00 AM    [re: SupraStoner] 

i dont understand why pepole think that the crown vics are all modified. the only thing they have is suspension work.

FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   9:01 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Yeah, and even with that they still handle like dump trucks. They use them because they need the extra seats for captured suspects, and the extra weight comes in handy for pushing the occasional daihatsu into the dirt.

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   1:49 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

and the chip is modified on it and i think thats it...my friends dad is a cop...I will just ask him...

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jun 24, 02   6:38 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

Well its true that they have suspension work done to them but that for lke corning and for the fater cops! but there is new kind of cop car that is modified is called the Police Interceptor it has a little done to it but not much. i had a convo with my dad which has been a cop for 25 years nd he says there just basic they dont got to be smoged cuz whats the point ? they max out at 145mph which is petty high.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Tue Jun 25, 02   7:16 AM    [re: OneCrazyMoFo] 

they have had the police interceptor for a long time now.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jun 26, 02   1:10 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

the only real mods are heavy duty brakes tranny cooler oil cooler suspension work and a shit load of added weight i'm pretty sure caprices had a 300 hp engine not positive on that though but they ared efinately not supercars mainly modded to take the extra abuse they need it was in a car and driver issue i think they go for around 50 grand after the options and work

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

Valek
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   1:26 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

those camaros for the CHP won't last long ill tell ya that...Toronto Police had a bunch of camaro's.. and what happened to them all?...last I heard they are sitting in a junk yard all torn to pieces

Fat_Tony
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jun 27, 02   2:37 PM    [re: Valek] 

I've seen a popualr science article where they test cop crown vics vs. a stock crown vic, theres not much difference, only tires and suspension mods and a chip eliminating the govenor. big car, big engine probalby 17's down at the track maybe high 16's comeon those cars gotta be heavy. I bet a lincoln (cousin of the crown vic) could hit 140 cuz mine hits the govenor at 105 like nothing lol once it gets that momentum it doesnt stop

I'll let my car do the talkin

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   6:15 AM    [re: Fat_Tony] 

it wa ssome cop magazine i read as el crown vic vs. impala nothing against u ford boys but impala won and as car and driver said and with all the added weight those things would run slower than stock crown vics i'm assuming atleast all the upgrades are for durability of the car my friends dad is a cop he said thya re in the shop once a week getitng the oil pans changed from scraping curbs and shit cop cars aren't faster than joe blows civic but they will last a lot longer and take the rough stuff better

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   5:58 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

a new impala...I doubt it...but I could happen...maybe...but a 95 SS impala better beat it other wise I have no respect for those cars...the 95 ss had a 350 right?

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jun 29, 02   10:45 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

yah it did and according to the article the new impala did beat it not sure how they tested or what but i remember the impala wa sslightly better and yes i do believe the SS had a sbc 350

PremiumSyzle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   8:23 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Cop cars are no more modified than a cab. Who made the comment about 501 blocks? Wtf, in a cop car? Nooooo. Cops don't have to be that fast... you can't outrun a radio.

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jun 30, 02   8:15 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

well that sucks...kinda sad...

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Tue Jul 2, 02   9:50 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

We now have cops with Unmarked car such as fucking toyota camrys, normally they have the Commodore or the falcons but these little shits now have fucking Camrys and Hyundai excels....sure you can out run them but....you aint gonna be faster than a radio.

We also have these vans on the side of the road with cameras in em....the fleet used to be all Toyota Tarago's but now they apparently have fucking tradesmans vans all with the ladder on top....

Trying to crack down the street racing here

Sneaky bastards

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   8:30 PM    [re: JcAus] 

when they get a mini van like phatmatt's...I love that van...but when they get that kinda fan..and they next time you see a soccer mom kinda fan and its a undercover cop car...well fan..watch out...total sleeper...my point is if they get those kinda vans..well we all are screwed...

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jul 3, 02   10:35 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

a few of the detectives here drive the montanas and i think there is one unmarked montana around

Fst69Chevelle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jul 6, 02   12:12 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

I WOULD EAT ONE OF THOSE SHITY COPPER CAMARO'S NOTHING BUT! AND 160MPH TATS SLOW THATS WHEN I WUZ STOCK!

It Wuz Once 69Chevelle But Now Im Faster And Better! So Fuck You

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jul 6, 02   2:43 PM    [re: Fst69Chevelle] 

is your caps lock stuck?

Fst69Chevelle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jul 6, 02   8:48 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

THATS MY TRADE MARK MOTHER FUCKER!

fonzarelli

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 7, 02   2:12 AM    [re: Fst69Chevelle] 

trademark?

more like proof that you love the feeling of another mans penis between your ass cheeks.

Fst69Chevelle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 7, 02   2:46 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

WHAT THE FUCK? WERE DID THAT COME FROM THAT SHI IS NASTY WHY MUST YOU THINK ABOUT THAT GY FUCKING SHIT SO MUCH I KNOW YOUTHE ONE PACKING THE FUDGE FAGGET BRITT!

fonzarelli

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 7, 02   4:20 AM    [re: Fst69Chevelle] 

lol

Fst69Chevelle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jul 8, 02   2:15 PM    [re: fonzarelli] 

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ON THIS SITE YOUR FROM ENGLAND SEE THE SITE IS CALLED "COACHELLA VALLEY STREET RACING" NOT FREAKING ENGLAND STREET RACING SO GO AWAY!

fonzarelli

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jul 8, 02   2:55 PM    [re: Fst69Chevelle] 

why are you talking on this site? its called "coachella vally street racing" not "faggot boys who love cocks up there ass".

fag. fuck off with your gay boy chevelle.

scott634
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   11:48 AM    [re: OneCrazyMoFo] 

Where I come from "FL" The FHP has Camaros,but they top out at 180 mph.I know this b/c my cuz is with the FHP.

PZ out

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   12:39 PM    [re: scott634] 

180? come on lets be real here!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:07 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

That sounds like the guys car who maxed out at 230, and he couldn't hit 250 anymore, he looked under the hood and didn't see anything wrong though... I think it was a unanamous decision that the flux capacitor and lack of winshield wiper fluid was the culprit.

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:42 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Oh, I get it now.... his FHP's do 180, and he has a bbc in his civic!!! Wow, it would be nice to live in Florida huh?? Hey, scott, got a pic of this???

LethalToy

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jul 12, 02   1:53 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

It's not impossible. The T/A tops out @190 mph. Probably would have hit 195 but it was getting a little squirrely.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

dragonrider87

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jul 13, 02   10:47 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

yuck more states getting camaro's oh well 160 should be fast enough for them to catch most people but not any one who has anything under the hood

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time

Fst69Chevelle
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Jul 13, 02   11:14 PM    [re: dragonrider87] 

IN THE FIRST PLACE WHO WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO RUN FROM THE COP'S

dragonrider87

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   1:45 AM    [re: Fst69Chevelle] 

well i can think of 2 people theres u and theres sweet neon and to every body else who reads this im sorry to blatantly attack these guys but the intro includes the phrase roughly coacha {sorry i probably misspelled it it's 3 a.m here} and other desert city's so kiss my ass neons are the most pathetic thing ive ever had try to beat me not counting some idiot's pinto no wait the pinto put up a better fight

SweetNeon
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 14, 02   2:32 AM    [re: dragonrider87] 

lol hahhaha where do you get off saying my ride is pathetic? at least my car is some what fast, for gods sake you drive a 87 thunderbird hahaha stop making me laugh

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jul 15, 02   8:11 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Ummm, I think almost everyone who has posted here has ran from the cops.... Not all of us have gotten caught for it, but some of us have

fonzarelli

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jul 15, 02   8:32 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

when i was in my lower teens, me and some friends used to run from the cops as a sport.

we'd hang out on the streets late at night and as soon as a police car would come past we'd just run, and theyd chase us. never caught us tho, and we never actually did anything illegal (well, not THAT illegal anyway).

massive adrennalin rush tho.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Jul 15, 02   10:17 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

i've heard of many people doing the classic cop sar drives by so jet the other way for no reason always gets you chased and if u get caught do not say i wanted to see if you would chase me that NEVER goes over well, be prepared with a very good excuse like i was chasing the kid who stole my hat and i saw him that way. or even simpler dont get caught

racnmightymax

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   6:59 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

i saw one on sat goin to the races from the front and back they look like a stock camaro on the side it had the badges and the light bar is non visible because they use LED lightbars on them so they are clear and like 2'' tall the cars are all white too with tinted windows

:-) CHEVY has added wires to the rear window to clear fog and frost. But FORD is adding the wire elements to the tailgates on all of their trucks to keeps your hands warm while you're pushing!

Mile_Mark
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   10:40 PM    [re: racnmightymax] 

up here in new york where people race the cops arent allowed to go over 100 miles per hour because it is a "hazard" I bet more people are hurt from street racers running from cops rather than just having fun on a friday night or so...

Always looking to go faster

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   7:51 AM    [re: Mile_Mark] 

We don't have that law here with cars, but they wont chase most motorcycles... We've had a lot of people die in crotch rocket chases here in the valley.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   9:10 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

hmmmm, i wonder if we have that law in wisconsin. I just bought a bike! LOL! J/K!

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

uglystick

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   9:58 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

hehe, i just want to note that i have never run from the cops. once they've turned their lights on at least. i've gone from fast to faster after i passed one going the other direction though...

the truth of the matter is, you can't outrun motorola. i could outrun those police interceptor highway patrol lead sled's any day in my el camino, but they'd be waiting at the next exit with the spike strip.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

Cutlass

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   4:14 PM    [re: uglystick] 

i just seen one of the new camaros and it tops out at 169. has 310 hp to the wheeles and wouldn't be able to catch my GSXR unless i let him. they're over rated, and under powered..my 120 hp will out run his 310 anyday of the week.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.

Mile_Mark
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   9:37 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

GODAMNIT! this sucks, i almost got arrested today for wrecklessy riding my bike weaving in and out of 4 lane traffic wth no helmet...THERE WAS NO OTEHR WAY TO CROSS THE ROAD! cops are gay...yo can get 100 dollar tickets for not wearing your helmet on a bike up here in newyork

Always looking to go faster

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   9:42 PM    [re: Mile_Mark] 

When my car was not registered I had a permit to drive it around, I was just minding my own business in the middle of suburbia heading into KFC for the Girl Friends and on come the lights and pulled me over, looked at the permit and then took my license away for about 25 mins....They had their radio up too loud and in the first minute I heared the dispatch say everything was ok...but they still made me wait for 24 mins.

Very well they say in a pissed of tone of voice have a good night...I started to head into the city and again I get pulled over by some other cops.

Do they have nothing better to do? go and fight some crime damnit. Sorry for blabbing.

RatTrap383
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Aug 1, 02   10:35 PM    [re: JcAus] 

I have a confession to make. I've thus far been a proponent of not running from the poh-lice, but given what Jason said about not booking it once the lights come on, I've got to admit I've done some of that. I figure until they're actually behind you and lit up, it's less running from the police, and more helping an officer of the law realize that he needs to work on his U-turning skills.:)
And amen to not out-running Mr. Motorola.:) A buddy of mine wears this T-shirt with a picture of a U.S. Marine sniper on it, crouched behind his rifle. Underneath there's a caption that reads "If you run, you'll only die tired." I've always felt running from the police was the same kind of situation. Given what you'll get hit with if you pull over, versus what you're risking by running...and it almost seems like a no- brainer.

Scott
P.S. Fast69....pretty sure you're an ass of the highest caliber. Next time they pass out the medication, don't hide it under your tongue..swallow that bastard, son!

uglystick

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 2, 02   11:10 AM    [re: RatTrap383] 

bahahahahhahahah...that was funny about the medication. not only should you not run from the cops once their lights come on, but also, it's not THAT impossible to get out of a ticket. up here (and down in atwater, i'm sure), the cops like old hot rods... just be polite, respectful, honest and straightforward and your chances will improve drastically.

it's the bullshitting and the underhanded lip that will make them throw the book at you.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Aug 4, 02   8:03 PM    [re: uglystick] 

I am not sure how it works over there but if you try and out run the cops once they have you number plate details they can just pay you a visit at a later stage.

As for the bullshitting some times thats all it takes to get out of it...other times, especially if they are rookies, they will stick to the law and write you a ticket.

You can run but once they have identified you all you can do is pray they dont find you, I think that you could get done for a number of things such as resisting arrest or obstruction of justice or what ever but they will eventually get you.

testosterone
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 19, 02   6:24 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

These are the things that really piss me off. It seems that every activity we come up with the so called LEADERS find someway to piss it down. first it was lowriders then our systems, whats next having a officer ride in every car across the us to assure proper driving skills. Its bullshit the goverment for some reason thinks it has to control everything. Now our recreation is being put to the test. I dont see nascar gettin this much slack. (but then again nascar has a huge following with the pencil pushers) . In our society today everyone seems to have a desire to bitch and complain on what there neighbors are doin, Instead of getting off there asses and actually helping to aviod the damages of street racing by bringing in a well observed track, They would rather just keep dumping money into these so called preventive tactics. BIG deal they have cameros that do 160. All that will change is what turbo or supercharger the next racer decideds to install on there ride. Let us focus all that money on a affective plan that will for one time WORK.

IM DONE.
www.pure-testosterone.com

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   3:26 AM    [re: testosterone] 

if you don't think street racing is dangerous youre an idiot. Nascar is on a track with safety precaustions ect ect..... so they should have speed limits on nascar hmm whatever you say sir becasue nascars can speed so can you hmmm that makes sense **cough hack choke** the camaros if you would read are for truckers and stuff not racers cops do their job they do it well you wanna bitch about it go ahead. don't have a track? awww poor baby race on a backroad not on mainstreet you'll find less cops and another tip you only need 3 ppl to have a race not an entire nation of rice so don't bitcha bout it and about that last comment having faster cops won't make people get different superchargers or turbos because 90% of racers DON'T EVEN have TURBOS no matter what the stickers say

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Tue Aug 20, 02   5:13 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Stickers?!? hmmmm...I would like to know where all these so called rice racing kids get the money for HKS, G Reddy, Blitz and to some extent Apex'i. This gear is hellishly expensive out here, so where do all the kids get the money for this gear....come to think of it they dont, they fork out $3.99 for a sticker portraying that they have that shit...get that shit off. I raced a fucked up rice mobile with apexi stickers all over it and left him for dead and his girlfriend was not happy at him at all. I have no stickers on mine and I run a whole heap of shit that I can barely afford on my wage. So go figure.

boo1987
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   12:06 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

All I can say is that in New York since I live here Cops can go over 100 mph. My brother is a cop and he drives a camaro and he says it has a vette engine in it and some work done to it so it is pushin close to 400hp or somethin like that. Anyway the fastest he ever got it to go was 168 and he said he could get it to 175 top. So all I know is not many cars can out run that and if you think you could plz send me a picutre of it ok.

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   2:06 PM    [re: boo1987] 

BULLSHIT......I SMELL BULLSHIT!

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   2:57 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

1987... must be year of birth

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

Stryker

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   3:52 PM    [re: boo1987] 

A car that'll top at 175 better have a hell of a lot more than 400 hp! And I REALLY don't think that the state would pay to have vette engines put in all their camaros. I know cause they don't 'round here. They keep the original engines and they just put better performance shit on them...and they really don't do that much. They put a new cam in, put on a performance intake manifold, and upgrade the exhaust. That's ALL they do here, and I bet that they don't do much more than that in NY!

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~

http://12.252.217.230/curtis - - - Ok...it's still in the works...but it's gettin there.

rotaryracer

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   6:46 PM    [re: Stryker] 

a Z28 and SS Camaro have an LS1 engine in it, a Corvette has the same engine, just a bigger cam and some other mods. Sorry I don't know what they are, just not much of a chevy guy.

No Rotor, No Motor

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   7:00 PM    [re: rotaryracer] 

technically they are the same engine i think the difference between vette and camaro are the heads intake and exhaust and cam they're both 347 cid ls1 v8s. cops cars don't have any work done to them they change the computer thats all take of fthe speed limiter and thats it other than that you can buy one from the factory fact is they don't need the speed they're main worry is toughness tranny cooler oil cooler bigger brake and stiffer suspension and computer is the usual work

Cutlass

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   7:05 PM    [re: boo1987] 

my 120 hp Suzuki tops out at 180 stock, i think i can out run them.

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:46 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

dude my pinto with the Geo engine... will out run those cop car 191mph...really...I gots Z rated 13 tires...NAAAWWWSSSS...Lowered...system...turbo.......spark plugs...and stickers...and my body kit with the 3ft high wing...hell ya...intake...exhaust...6 inch tip....mad pimp...lol...and crazy purple

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:48 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

hmmm hey cutlass would that suzuki happen to have 2 wheels?

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 23, 02   11:51 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

thats directed to that 1987 guy..

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

BlownGTP

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Aug 24, 02   8:30 AM    [re: 1969Stang] 

I have a yamaha on 2 wheels and im scared to see what top speed is. ive gone up to 125 mph and that feels fast on 2 wheels. but more about the cop cars. they are more worried about the tuffness of the car. they dont mod the hell out of the cop cars.

Cutlass

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Aug 24, 02   2:20 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

yeah that suzuki has 2 wheels,

GinoLicious
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Aug 25, 02   6:42 PM    [re: SupraStoner] 

Camaros arent that bad for high way patrol. In Ontario we got fukin vettes chasin us.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Aug 25, 02   9:36 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

where the hell in ontario do you have a vette chasing you i'm from ontario and we don't even have camaros **snif sniff** i smell bullshit

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:26 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Where in Ontario are you from Bro?

Well you dont see them a lot. But there is the odd vette

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:32 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

southern aobut an hour from toronto but i've traveled all around and searched the web for pics of odd cop cars i've found an rcmp jaguar a new beetle and some pt cruisers i've travelled through the province neve rheard seen or been within someone talking about a vette cop our budget is to low and it's not worth it

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:35 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Ive only heard they have like 1 or 2. But now the cops are using ford winstars. What the hell is this all about.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:40 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

cops aren't using ford windstars they use pontiac montanas mostly but those aren't active duty units usually those are detectives or something out for a special assignment and theres alot of paramedic vans now and if they do have any vettes they aren't on duty theres never any chases here like 2 or 3 a year and they dont need it

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:41 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Yeah tru tru.

Why are all these damn cops getting all these damn good cars. This pisses the shit outa me. I hate it when they go to the street races.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:46 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

they go to the street races for a reason to stop the ricers form starting gang fights and killing and running over people if you want to race find an empty dark secluded back road with no one around and the cops will never know i completely support cops in their actions to stop the street racing in the city. and also the cops don't get great cars you're full of shit cops get crown vics and now mostly impalas and a few old caprices floating aroundnopt exactly corvettes

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:48 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Yeah true true. But don't you liket to race your muscle car. If you with the cops to stop us all then how do u race ur car.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:49 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

i don't have a muscle car no money and even if i did race it i wouldn't do it the rice way the cops would never see or know of any of my races

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:52 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

OOO,

Alright.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:53 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

if you race on main street with 150 people there it's comon sense you'llb e caught don't be stupid and jsut don't do it or do it at a track

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:55 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

O ok,

But aren't those tracks hard to find? I only know one. St. Thomas Drag way In Ontario.

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! *DELETED* new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:57 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

Post deleted by hooyeah

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   9:59 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Ok,

That will work. Just might bring few more ppl. Do you know where any good back roads would be. Around Oakville and Sauga? Do you know of any good hang outs where people will just bring there cars and you get to check out their rides?

hooyeah
Re: CHP Camaros! *DELETED* *DELETED* new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   10:02 AM    [re: GinoLicious] 

Post deleted by hooyeah

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   10:03 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

ok thx anyways.

Where do ppl race in your area? If you know.

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   11:46 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

isn't this why soemone created instant messaging? No wonder none of the real racers come read through this loaf anymore

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   11:47 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

U dont know what a real racer is bitch. U havnt seen shit. u havent been to a real race have u?

rotaryracer

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:04 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

are u fucking serious? u are 14 year old little piece of shit , but u are a real racer? get a fucking life.

No Rotor, No Motor

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:05 PM    [re: rotaryracer] 

actually i am bro.

ive raced my cousins celica a few times.

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:07 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

driving a celica makes you a real racer??? LMAO ROFLMAO!!!!!

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:08 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Yeah,

what do u drive?

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:13 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

a lamborghini diablo.... my dad gave it to me for my birthday. I didn't want my mommy's civic either.... it's got padded seatbelts.. it's sooo suped up

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   12:14 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

HAHAHAH not that come to oakville ill race u.

uglystick

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   3:10 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

okieville more like. jesus kid, you're telling someone you've never met that 'they're not a real racer?'

i ran my car down at the local cruise night two weeks back and ate the following cars for lunch:

Dodge Viper R/T 10
BMW e46 M3
'66 Chevelle SS 396
Twin Turbo Eclipse w/ Motec Engine Mgmt
'02 Cadillac Deville (if you laugh at this one, you have no idea what the fast cars are)

and i spent 6 grand on my car. that's it.

jason

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   3:11 PM    [re: uglystick] 

What kinda of car do you have?

LethalToy

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   3:13 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

durrrrrrr. check the sig

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   3:17 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

this kid is just fucking brilliant. Maybe they'll teach him to read when he gets into the fourth grade....

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   6:24 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Ahahahah man thats some funny shit.

Celica huh? what was it GT4, SX or POS....me thinks that it is the gerbil driven POS, but thats just a guess.

At 14 dude I dont think that you would be racing on the road, now every now and then people who are young do drive a little, but hell...there is no way that you would be able to beat some one who has been driving longer than you, do you drive auto or manual? When do you dump your clutch if it is a manual?

The point is unless you can control your clutch timing and shit you aint gonna win unless the other person is a equal member of the "WSRS"

Peace

GinoLicious

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   6:26 PM    [re: JcAus] 

I raced a guy that was 14 once.

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Aug 26, 02   6:31 PM    [re: GinoLicious] 

you may have a high powered car (I know thats not what moves the car...So Chill ) but unless you can get that power to the ground you aint got shit

dragonrider87

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   6:40 PM    [re: JcAus] 

jesus sweet devil sweet neon and i think mr 69 stang all flippin me shit bfd oh by the way 14.4 time slip from the local strip up here out of my 87 thunderchicken i got no turbo no super charger and no nos and im only into it for about 3 grand so kiss my ass if you can catch it :-P

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   11:16 PM    [re: dragonrider87] 

what.....I didn't say anything against you...I don't think...maybe I did...I have about 500dollars into my engine...it probably runs low 14's....maybe about 1k...not sure...oh well...maybe high 13's...lol...with a nice push of wind...lol

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

uglystick

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Aug 30, 02   11:25 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

yeah, i'll race you to 110 MN12 body fool.

;-) at least you're willing to call your car a thunderchicken. what have you done to it?

jason

1969Stang
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sat Aug 31, 02   8:05 PM    [re: uglystick] 

lol...

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...

RoSScOaUs
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Oct 17, 02   5:45 PM    [re: JcAus] 

Hey JC where ya from in aus?? me 15 from qld nice ride u got there how much did that set ya back?? i know wat u saying bout coppers pulling cunts ova when they should be out fighting crime. was cruisin wit my mate one night in his VL we got pulled up 4 times...fuck i hate it i hate it

Metal396

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Oct 17, 02   8:06 PM    [re: RoSScOaUs] 

guess private messages dont matter these days.....

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc
Rock on.

sweetdevil

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Oct 18, 02   9:08 AM    [re: Metal396] 

what an idiot....

SweetNeon

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Fri Jul 23, 04   9:09 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

if i were you i wouldnt be talking

SweetNeon

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Jul 25, 04   6:15 PM    [re: RoSScOaUs] 

g gollie mate

JcAus

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Sep 16, 04   3:47 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Shit it is funny when you read shit that you wrote 2 years ago lol

Dimwhit douchbags coming and spaying shit and leaving lol

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.

RiCEBRNR

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Mon Oct 18, 04   11:07 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

YA, ive seen the 5-0 camaros, but in santa barbara, they also have honda civic sedans and new ipalas also, all of which are unmarked. They are cheating, that makes it no fun for us.....

SweetNeon

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Sun Oct 24, 04   4:53 PM    [re: RiCEBRNR] 

there was one down the I-10 in indio the other day pulling people over like crazy

malibu_jdh
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Wed Oct 27, 04   10:31 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

If you think the camaro is interesting i read in car and driver that Dodge will be gettting in the mix. In 2005 - 2006 Dodge will offer an unmatched magnum to police forces around the U.S. The new magnum sxt's will not only have the speed, but the size that the camaro's don't have.

hotrod_demon

Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Oct 28, 04   12:44 PM    [re: malibu_jdh] 

that sounds pretty tight i will have to read about that

SUCK MY DICK IF YOU DONT LIKE ME

lloyd
Re: CHP Camaros! new   Posted Thu Dec 23, 04   2:16 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

your having a fucking laghf

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1