Senate Bill 2087 - CVSR Forums

Misc
   >> CVSR News
Thread views: 236617

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Senate Bill 2087   Posted Thu May 2, 02   12:55 AM     

Just caught a story on channel 3 tonight (thanks GotRice!!) about the new bill that may soon be approved that would mean anyone present during a speed contest could be arrested and get a maximum of 90 days in jail and a $500 fine. This includes exhibition (burning out, etc.)!
All this law is going to do is give racers more of a reason to run, putting others at risk. I've been in the local scene since 1996 and I've never seen anyone hurt while racing because we were miles from any busy roads. Sure there have been a few fights and a couple fender benders (in the panic to leave), but hell, worse things have happened after major basketball games!

Let's hear your comments!

You can find the latest info on the bill by going here.

Post Extras: Print Post

Anarchie

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   3:06 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

personally, i feel street racing today (especially in the desert cities) is extremely dangerous. i used to race for many years but won't race in the street now.

it isn't the actual racing that is the dangerous part. when the cops come and everyone scatters it is chaos. cars and people are running every which way. most of the spectators are boneheads who don't know how to drive their parent's suv and are likely to crash into your rod.

plus, i find this new breed of racer to not really know the "rules" of the street or how to handle themselves in a race. the set up today is nuts. people and cars lining the streets in front of the racers???! hello! this is the reason kids were getting killed in ontario so the cops cracked down (and rightly so). the idiots of the world ruined it.

i remember the days when we could get together with a small group of about 5-10 cars and race all night long with no one the wiser. today that is impossible. oh well.

when are they opening the track in banning? they shouldn't pass laws like this until there is an alternative to racing in the street. that's my two cents.

NeEdAcAr

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:42 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

dude i think that is so retarded. here in virginia if your car is loud then they pull you and give you a ticket. me and boyfriend race all the time in deserted areas and non dangerous places. just like a month ago we go t pulled because our car was too loud. they even kick people out of the parking lots when they sit there and rev their engines and stuff. i think we should make a peitition or something....ya know like not do it at certain busy times and stuff..... i dunno tho i guess we'll see. i still think its dumb

With an "X" and an "O" this lil chick has gots to go!!!

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   8:06 AM    [re: Anarchie] 

A PETITION??? Hey, now that's a GREAT idea! We could even put it in a chain letter to all of our friends! Then millions would read it and they'd listen to us for sure!!

__________________ Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   12:24 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Ummm. I hate to be a pesimist here, but I REALLY don't think that would work very well. I mean, think 'bout it. We are a group of people who support illegal street racing (It may not be as bad as some crimes, and people don't get hurt as often, but let's face it, it IS illegal). Ya know what would happen? They'd take one look at our petition, see that the only reason we don't want the law to pass is cause we all know we will end up in jail if it does, and then laugh at us. They'll tear the petition up, and send us on our merry little way. I mean, come on. Do you really think 200 street racers are gonna convince the gov't to not pass these laws? Even if we do get word out to other people...if we do start a chain letter, then a lot of people will hear about it. But it still would have minimal effectiveness. If we start this petition, and then they pass the law, then they will look at us as people who support/promote illegal activities, and everyone involved will end up behind bars for 3 months, and have a nice $500 fine. Personally, I don't wanna do things that way. I mean, I don't think we should just roll over and die here, but I don't think a petition would be that smart...or even anything that lets us be heard much...I mean, we can send annonymous letters to congress or whoever, and ask nicely not to pass the law cause we really don't hurt anyone, but how effective do ya think it'd be? Really, I think our only hope is if the gov't either decides that passing this bill really isn't worth their time, or if we all pitch together and bribe them.
Ok. There's my two cents.

~~~::::<Scorpion Stryker>::::~~~

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   12:43 PM    [re: Stryker] 

knock, knock, anybody home??? k, well DUH!!!! I was being sarcastic. A petition is the dumbest thing i've heard of, the only thing i could think of to top it would be a chain letter.... it was supposed to be a joke to match the carless chick's smarts...

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   1:07 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Ah. Ok. Well, I didn't catch on to that...sorry.

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   1:08 PM    [re: Stryker] 

that's ok.... I'm just surprised you weren't picking up my sarcasm, i was laying it on pretty thick...

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   1:10 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Yeah. I'm at work, so I'm not paying full attention right now. I'm playin ball with a co-worker, and I'm talking to some of the stupidest beings known to man (You guessed it! AOL MEMBERS! NOTE: This doesn't apply to ALL of them, just the ones that end up calling my extension) LOL. So yeah, I kinda missed out on the obvious there...

fonzarelli

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   1:40 PM    [re: Stryker] 

lol i read that when i was at work.. i burst out laughing and someone actually came over and asked what was wrong lol

1969Stang
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   3:29 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

no matter what...I don't think they will ever get rid of street racing...It's like a way of life for some people.

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   3:33 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

not aw.... i think the chain letter will work. they listen to those petition things. we'll just send it in to bush, he'll take care of it for us...

1969Stang
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   3:36 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

lol...sure he will...j/k

Go Ahead.... Unleash your Beast.... Mine will be waiting...

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:04 PM    [re: 1969Stang] 

Or if Clinton were still in office, we could send him the petition along with one of sweetdevil's pictures (I'm thinkin the one with the black boots...). I'm sure he'd help us out then.

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:04 PM    [re: Stryker] 

LMAO.... damn i should've thought of that one

Cutlass

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:12 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

i seriously doubt this bill will stop anything. it just changes things a little, we'll just have to start racing for a limited time and then moving to a different area, uses more gas but at least you won't get busted as fast. plus it may help to start racing in the eastern part of the valley where nobody really pays attention to whats going on.

-------------- smokeing is bad........getting smoked is worse.

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   4:21 PM    [re: Cutlass] 

That might work, but what REALLY needs to happen, is some organization! Sure...The setup they had in the Fast and the Furious was organized...but not legaly. What NEEDs to happen, is someone who knows the ropes and the dopes of law needs to start an organization. Like 'Coachella Vally Street Racers Association.' And have a member's club. I mean, think about it. The cops can't stop the KKK from holding their little discrimination assembalies. They actually have to keep the anti-KKK from attacking them. So if someone were to actually ORGANIZE this shit, and have everyone become a member, then when the cops come to break everyone up, just say 'We have a constitutional right to be here. We have a right to free assembaly!' And the cops won't be able to do shit about it without breaking our rights! The only problem is, that it needs to be a legal club, or association or something that's considered legit. I mean, if we all be smart about this, then we can gather, and when the cops aren't lookin, we can race, and ta daaaa....No more worries about the law! Ok. I've just added another two cents to this conversation...

Valek
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   5:16 PM    [re: Stryker] 

i say blame the crap racing these days on stupid movies like Fast and the Furious with the crap ricers. street races now is all little 4 banger honda hatchbacks lineing the street with only a fart can added to it and the people think they got a hardcore G-machine. thats what its like in ontario...and like the movie the cops come cuz they block the streets and blare the crap music. the cops even come with the helipcopters now that send them into an even bigger frenzy to get away.

FordFactor

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:06 PM    [re: Stryker] 

'Coachella Vally Street Racers Association.'

That sounds like a good idea to me. Who would be the president, (most likely Erik) and where would the official location of this Association be?

C'mon Erik, what do you say? Lets get some ideas like these off the ground, like the one you pulled with the Miss CVSR contest.

Give me ten seconds and 1/4th of a mile and i'll show you what i can do..

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:31 PM    [re: FordFactor] 

yea and we should have "street racers" in the name to...hello? i say we just ban the silly little ricers. that would solve all the problem there. only 14 second and faster hondas....all 3 of them lol!!!!

novaboy

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   6:48 PM    [re: novaboy] 

Actually, when I stated that, I didn't mean JUST for the people in the forum here. I meant like a City-to-City thing. Yeah, I could tell the cops right now that 'I'm a member of CVSR.net, and we are an official organization.' yeah..get my ass arrested! It was just an idea anyway. It wasn't a very good one. Forget I posted it...

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   7:48 PM    [re: Stryker] 

im just saying that having the "street racer" in the name is asking for trouble. imagien the cops going to a klan house and breaking it up and on member says "no its ok we aare a club...the kkk...we have a right to asemble"....hahahaha!!!!! how about "cochella valley street rodding asociation" then we can still have the cvsr name.

novaboy

TheRealMyles

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 2, 02   11:55 PM    [re: Anarchie] 

Well I can agree with Anachie on a lot of what he said. The part of "plus, i find this new breed of racer to not really know the "rules" of the street or how to handle themselves in a race. the set up today is nuts. people and cars lining the streets in front of the racers???"

So True They do not know the "rules" I have been street racing for more then 20 years. LOL I know I most likely one of the oldest out here LOL Any way We use to agree with the City (cops) that if we meet in your city to set up a race we did not race in their city. As simple as that. An we stuck to it. We stuck to so much that in the cities that we did race in most of the time the cops would give us only about 10 of us 5 minutes to leave if not we would be sited. We also use to race on only a couple of streets. So we had hardly any problems other then people finding out where we raced and by the time we got there it was busted so we would have to find another street. I have had 3 friends die street racing. 1 was in his own car the other 2 where in cares they where hired to drive. Most of my friends asked me to stop driving for others now I am glad they did I have 2 wonderful kids and a wonderful wife. Now I can enjoy it with them . I do know that street racing will happen no matter what they do. It did not stop us when they made aiding and abidding if you where the starter. I kept starting races, maybe even more since it was hard to find someone to do it. Oh well I saw the part on the news I hope it does not go through. But only time will tell. Good Luck everyone..mls

Peace,

TRM

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri May 3, 02   1:08 AM    [re: novaboy] 

In reply to:

im just saying that having the "street racer" in the name is asking for trouble. imagien the cops going to a klan house and breaking it up and on member says "no its ok we aare a club...the kkk...we have a right to asemble"....hahahaha!!!!! how about "cochella valley street rodding asociation" then we can still have the cvsr name.

I think that my meaning was TOTALY lost apon novaboy. When I said that, I meant that the group would have nothing to do with CVSR.net. I meant, that if all the street racers in town came together and formed a group, and called it what ever they wanted (I just used Coachella Valley Street Racers as an example...), then they could legally assemble, and hold whatever kind of assembalies they want...even if it includes 'Speed Compititions.' Maybe I'm the only one here who understands what I'm sayin...forget I mentioned it...

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri May 3, 02   2:05 AM    [re: Stryker] 

i understand fully but what im saying is that if you are a group that does illegal things you dont have the right to do them or assemble on puplic property.

novaboy

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 6, 02   1:09 PM    [re: novaboy] 

I like the idea with freedom of assembly. Maybe if we dropped the 'street' part and called it the coachella valley racer's association and we made sure to gather in one place and send races and a neutral third person to another place, then have them come back to the meeting place and NEVER USE THE SAME ROAD TWICE for races, do NOT stop and talk or BS on the road, just race and keep going and have the third person filming so there's no dispute over who won, then I don't know if they legally COULD touch us, because then all we're really doing is sitting around talking about racing.. and like he says.. freedom of assembly. Hrm.. he might just be onto something here...

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 6, 02   2:39 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

Ya, until the cops come onto the site, see those videos you just talked about and bust you next time for just sitting around and talking about racing and then posting a video of your..... um, discussion.

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:26 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

No, no.. hear me out. I guess if you get city approval for weekly gatherings of your group with a legit name and list of members, there's nothing the authorities can do under your constitutional right to freedom of assembly. It's not illegal to discuss racing as freedom of speech is also within our rights. If people arrange to race one another, that is their own agenda.. all we'd have to do is make it known that the group will not hold responsibility for those types of actions when applying for approval from the city. If they arrange a race, whoever organizes the group would just have to make sure everyone signs an agreement to hold races under legal circumstances IE a track such as Fontana or the new one upcoming in Banning. This means the responsibility lies only on that (or those) individual(s) involved, and by law the organizer of the group cannot be held accountable. Trust me, I grew up with an attorney for a father, I'm used to all this legal mumbo jumbo and I know the basics of what's within my rights and what's not. Besides, if I'm not sure of something, dad's always only a phone call away. *Shrug*

Come away O human child To the waters and the wild With a faery hand in hand, For the world's more full of weeping Than you can understand

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 6, 02   10:38 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

k, read what i posted. U go say we're not going to do anything illegal, the cops come by to check it out, leave and see a video posted with a date and time of one hour after they left, they're going to know somehting's up...

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 7, 02   2:35 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

It would be too obvious for them to leave from there and come back. They'd have to do it a different night and always go to a different place. The cops would have a hard time figuring that out.. so long as we had city approval for those meetings and no racing went on during that time or that night for that matter, how could they do anything? Like I said, have people sign a waiver saying it's their sole responsibility if they do anything illegal. That way the only people held accountable are those who are caught racing/spectating the race. That's the risk you take doing that, anyway. It would just be nice to have a place to go chill out and BS without being bugged by cruisers and choppers with entirely too bright spotlights. I mean, what the hell was that shit with del taco? Is it illegal to eat now? For christs sake, they really need to go find something better to do. Should'nt they be at a donut shop somewhere? :P

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 7, 02   2:44 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

so basicly you just want a cruze night every weekend...duh. just do that.

novaboy

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 7, 02   2:50 PM    [re: novaboy] 

it's not as easy as "just do that". There's a LOT of time, money, effort, and details that go into cruise night. Go to one of the Palm Springs Cruisin' Association's meetings.. trust me, if I could have cruise night once a week I'd be happy..except most of those people aren't racers or aren't interested in racing. I like cars, I like watching racing, and I'd love to go for a ride in the passenger seat of a fast car (lookin forward to bry's camaro being back on the road!), but I seriously don't know if I'd wanna be the driver. I don't wanna be the one responsible for my own death :P hehe

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 7, 02   3:38 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

In reply to:

I mean, what the hell was that shit with del taco? Is it illegal to eat now?

no, but loitering has been illegal for a while now

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 7, 02   6:25 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Freedom of assembly and all that stuff is fine and legal. The point I think some people are trying to make is that if the videos are posted on this site, then this site endorses ILLEGAL street racing. It doesn't matter what waivers are signed and whos responsibility it is that races. As long as videos and pictures are posted on this site that depict illegal street racing or exhibitions of speed that are not contained to an actual track, it will always bring Johnny Law down on any members that run a CVSR logo or are known members (i.e. especially with the police video taping peoples vehicles and mods). It may not seem fair but in the polices' defense it does make sense to keep an eye on those people and disburse them when they assemble. Chances are, they will be street racing shortly. It doesn't seem fair, but thats the breaks when you participate in illegal activities. I don't agree with it but i do respect it.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

Phatmatt

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 8, 02   6:45 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

they seriously need to just lay the hell off. They're only going to push us to run more often.

prodigy2pac

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:37 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

FucK! THa WholE sYsTEM iz fUCKed Up. wHAT Tha HELL do They ThinK THEy caN StoP THa PASSion That I'VE gOT 4 SPEEd. Man If tHEY wANt PEOPLE lIKE mE Out Of PUbliC StreETZ, bUIld mORE draG areAS. tHATZ alL I GOT 2 SAy

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 8, 02   7:50 PM    [re: prodigy2pac] 

no offense or anytihng but doesn't holding and letting off the shift key get annoying and time consuming?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 8, 02   11:51 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

man im all in favor of cops busting people like this for racing...i dont want this guy racing next to me!!!!!!!

novaboy

69pony302
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 15, 02   6:53 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

i Got hella rice rocket racin less than a block away. There are hella kids plyin where the finish line is but the thing is the races dont happen till 4 am so its all good.

Anyways i need some advise about my mustang. Which would be a better investment for my money, a supercharger or a new cam and valves?

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 15, 02   6:57 PM    [re: 69pony302] 

i think you should get a hella big supercharger on and some hella big chrome rims and some hella this and hella that ....wtf is with hella? welcome i assume your from norther california?

novaboy

Metal396

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed May 15, 02   9:14 PM    [re: novaboy] 

thank you nova, i couldnt have said that better my self.... i cant stand that new hella bullshit... fuckin trends are stupid as hell now days...... a.......

Check Out: http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc --Pics and Other sh*t, mostly about the Mustang and Falcon....--

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 16, 02   6:49 PM    [re: Metal396] 

I haven't heard the word "hella" since like.. 90? 91? I thought it was sort of amusing.. oh well. :P

OneCrazyMoFo
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat May 18, 02   7:08 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

you know what all yopu guys...... if we all got together on this one we can get a potition or how ever you spell it and we can MAKE then not have this stupid fucken law anymore all we have to do is get a shit load on people to sign it!

superman
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun May 19, 02   8:22 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

man they are trying to do the same things out here in charlotte tryin to crack down hard on us becuase so many of us are racing now

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun May 19, 02   6:56 PM    [re: OneCrazyMoFo] 

I'm still down with the chain letter email idea
And for those of you who don't understand my dry humor:
If any of u 15 year old send me a chain letter, I will retaliate with a virus.

EnglishBoyRacer

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 20, 02   4:51 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

allways go 4 the polital route, its what happened over here in my local town, we all met up, got this paper signed, and took it 2 the cop shop the following day. in all we had over 700 signatures of support (which was to much 4 the cops to ignore) and from some of the local residents to get us a place where we can show off our motors and for a place 2 race. However in London they didnt do this and several people have gone down 4 noise pollution and distruction of private property

Might look the part Dont go it though

fonzarelli

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 20, 02   7:19 AM    [re: EnglishBoyRacer] 

englishboyracer...
did you hear about the meets that went on in the merry hill shopping centre car parks near Dudley?
it all got shut down because some people died after driving their car through a shop at 100mph lol dumbasses. brings a whole new meaning to 'Drive Thru'
anyway.. good to see some other british blokes on here nice ka.

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 20, 02   10:29 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

what the heck is that car in your profile man? looks like an even more pussy ford focus. and we dont have "cop shops" in the usa. and if we went to the police station and said "we want to go here to show off and race" they would say "ok...um....to bad...have a nice day"

novaboy

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon May 20, 02   1:35 PM    [re: novaboy] 

lol, I was going to make the fuckus remark.... but Novaboy beat me to it. And ya, get over it guys, a petition ain't gonna do shit!

fonzarelli

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 21, 02   3:43 AM    [re: novaboy] 

In reply to:

what the heck is that car in your profile man? looks like an even more pussy ford focus.

its a Ford Ka. Designed by students for students. it is fords micro car. ugly name, ugly car, goes about as quick is a old man with a sore foot. ford were probably too embarressed to launch it in the us of a.

a more pussy focus indeed.

sweetdevil.. you say a petition wont work... but what about a petition with some flowers and some chocolates.. or chocolate donuts. surely that would pursude the police to change there minds about letting people break the law in the name of a good ol' street race?!?!

(for all you 'slower' readers.. i am being very very sarcastic here.)

lol petition lol

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 21, 02   8:43 AM    [re: fonzarelli] 

I get the sarcasm... if I start an email to ya fonz, will you send it to one hundred of your friends? Cuz if you don't, you'll have bad luck racing for thirty years!

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 21, 02   12:54 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

LOL.. omg.. this shit is funny. Chain letters were cool when I was in.. uh.. kindergarten. Does anyone seriously think a petition is going to allow them to break the law? *Laugh* Good luck.

BadAssDodge

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue May 21, 02   7:38 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

what you need to do is actually talk to the people making the laws. Go speak to local republican officials, mention how it will be profitable. I wouldnt waste my time with the dem party they'd most like brush it off (you know that money can be used for welfare checks or some youths on crack center). these are the people who can get the ball rolling

Faster & More Furious

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu May 23, 02   6:43 PM    [re: BadAssDodge] 

Alot of people scoff at petitions but they do get things done sometimes. But you have to petition for the right thing. Some of you are talking about a new track opening. Go to the areas of town where most street races occur and ask surrounding businesses and homeowners if they are disrupted by the racing. They will most assuredly say yes. Then tell them that you are taking a petition around to get racers off the street and onto a track where they can't bother anyone. Those people will sign (trust me) and you will find alot of people willing to sign, from street racers to little old ladies (sometimes they are one-in-the-same). They will all agree that they have to be taken off the streets and you can sweeten the pot by including stiffer penalties for people that street race. Cause you all won't need to anymore, now that you have all the comforts of a nearby track. Take that petition to City Hall and bring it up to your council members and show them the support you have gained from the public that say that a race track is needed to reduce the dangerous racing, violence (that usually accompanies races now-a-days), drug & alcohol abuse, etc.....

If you try to petition to make street racing legal or reducing the penalties for breaking that law then you will be wasting your time and you will get nowhere. Everyone has a voice but when the court listens to a 19 year old kid who got busted for streetracing and trying to use " But there are no racetracks around here" as an excuse, and then compare that to the voice of that same kid along with your local Bank manager and his/her employees, the gas station attendant, the local home owners, and other businesses then that voice will get heard and maybe even something will actually get done.

Damn my fingers are starting to cramp from all the typing. I even have that program that will type out your messages when you speak into the microphone. Now if I wasn't so lazy, I'd find that damn microphone and re-install the program...................................................hmmmmm....................maybe later.

----------------------------------------------------------- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

DJTai
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:47 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

The reason they are going to be throwing people in jail now, is because, last year or so, two people were racing in Portland, OR and one lost control as a car turned a corner or something like that, and what happened was one of the racers hit the car turning the corner, and it swung around and hit the other car racing, well both of the racers were fine, but the driver of the other car had gotten killed right away because the car was going so fast. thats the only reason they are doing it...

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jul 11, 02   2:52 PM    [re: DJTai] 

Where are you morons coming from? And in abundance?!?!?! Did you see that on TV or something? You really think one isolated incident in Oregon is the reason they're stopping street racing???? lmao

ICEMAN
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   6:31 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

THERE ALREADY IS A LAW IN EFFECT THAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO WATCH A SPEED CONTEST IT IS UNDER AIDING AND ABETTING SPEED CONTEST THIS NEW BILL IS MAKING THE CONSEQUENCES WORST

Fst69Chevelle
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Jul 17, 02   2:48 PM    [re: ICEMAN] 

SHIT MAN YOUR A QUICK ONE!

It Wuz Once 69Chevelle But Now Im Faster And Better! So Fuck You

240AndrewSX

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 20, 02   4:19 PM    [re: Anarchie] 

I agree with you about the spectators, they definately raise the danger of any event like that, not to mention attract cops, which in turn spooks everybody, and when people panic, people get hurt. I never go to any major events, to be honest, I don't think it's worth the risk. I'll admit, I don't mind going on the streets, just by chance, and sometimes a few of my friends and I will find an empty road or so and race out there, but major events are asking for trouble.

"The way I see it, it's only illegal if you get caught." ; )

RatTrap383
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   2:23 AM    [re: Stryker] 

Novaboy has got a pretty good point, Stryker. The KKK is allowed to hold its assemblies (complete with police protection) because they're doing nothing illegal at those assemblies. Sure, the stuff they ARE doing is completely ignorant and self-involved, but it's not breaking the law. If the Grand Wizard Dragon (or whatever the hell he is) at one of those KKK rallies stood up and yelled for everyone to start breaking windows, the cops would have him in handcuffs in seconds. By going from yelling about how much he hates black people, to yelling about breaking stuff, he's jumping from his protected right to free speech, to inciting a riot, which is illegal as hell. Take the motorcylce rally at Sturgis for example. They pretty much take over the town, but cops will still cite them for burn-outs and racing, because it's still illegal. If street racers formed a club and found a place to meet legally every night just to BS and hang out, the cops couldn't touch them, save for those younger guys that might be violating a curfew law. But as long as there are races or burnouts happening (and lately even that "show of power" stuff that includes building RPMs without going anywhere) the cops have every right to shut it down, and should.
And should!?!?! Say what!?!?! Well, I think so, anways. I've been street racing for 3.5 years now, and I've seen it be as organized as illegal street racing can be, and I've seen things done that turn my hair white as I watch it happening. Whether you're safe as hell or certifiable, if a cop shows up he/she has a responsibilty to the rest of the community to break it up.
I've been to 7 illegal gatherings that have been busted, haven't tried to run once, and I'm pretty sure that's the answer to all of this. As long as you participate in illegal street racing, you have to understand that no matter what you're doing safety-wise, you're sitll breaking the law. There is a HUGE difference between racing on a deserted backroad, and running from the police on that same road. Until the area you live in starts a "Run What You Brung" night at the local track, or blocks off a street for legal racing, be as safe as you can with what youv'e got. But if it does get busted up by the police, be stand-up about it and take what youv'e got coming. Not once have I been cited for any of the racing I've done, because I didn't cut and run, and I was honest when they asked me questions. As long as street racers continue to scatter like cockroaches when the kitchen light comes on, it'll do nothing but perpetuate the image of lawlessness and total disregard for others' safety.

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jul 30, 02   2:10 PM    [re: RatTrap383] 

honesty is usually the best policy when it comes to dealing with cops... but these guys are really out for blood. A lot of the import guys get stupid and a lot of the domestic guys drink, so the cops really just want to shut us all down. They have blocked off both ends of the street we race on and ticketed up to a hundred people, they really don't care anymore!

RatTrap383
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Jul 31, 02   1:27 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Ummm....damn.:) 100 people at a shot? Thank God for the good-ol-boy mentality of a small-town cops.:) More often then not when I get pulled over for light-to- light antics, it's just because the cops themselves want to BS about cars!:) I understand what you're saying though, Sweet. Police starting to crack down more on racing is becoming less a response to the racing itself, and more a result of what it includes or induces. (i.e. disregard for spectator safety with the import crowd, and massive amounts of drinking with the domestic guys.) Although the former is basically cleansing the gene pool, and the latter deserves a thorough beating instead of a fine and/or revoked license.
I'm actually about 90% of the way through the testing for the Seattle Police Department, and I've known enough cops to have something of a handle on their collective mentality, which is roughly "Thall shall not bullshit the police!" If you do get caught, whether for simply going 12 over or flat-out racing, lying/attitude gets you nowhere fast. The combination of police and racers has been around for a very long time, and while the cars and the mentality may have changed in that period, the fundemental rules still seem to apply. Get your fix, but have the backbone to stand up if it comes to it.

Scott

RACER_X
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Aug 13, 02   7:33 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

i am tired of all this crap if the cops would just leave us alone instead of checking our ride hight and our turbos then we could race and get it over but instead they gotta trip because our cars are better (lol)

*casper*

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   8:24 AM    [re: RACER_X] 

ya, that's it

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   10:28 AM    [re: RACER_X] 

you don't actually even have a turbo now do you? and they "trip" because you're doing something illegal if you're racing anywhere that theres even a cop around it's stupid and dangerous your ride heights only low cuz u cut the damn springs and your turbo isnt really there is it?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- CHEVY dodge ford thats just the way it works

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   11:18 AM    [re: RACER_X] 

hey racer x, you could probably avoid the cops if you kids would set up races that included two drivers and two cars. AND NOBODY ELSE. the thing they have a fit about is the fact that y'all (i'm generalizing, i know) congregate in one place, then go off in a flock to race a few blocks away. they give you a ton of shit at the meeting place to try to run you off from creating a risky situation.

i mean, my exhaust has two missing collector gaskets. it's pretty much like half assed open headers. i went down to the local cruise area last weekend and didn't even get a glance from the cops. know why? because they expect more from me knowing that my car is nuts. the import crowd it seems all have something to prove. i mean, your cars all look alike in a roundabout kind of way, they all sound the same, so each of you it seems has to run everybody that you get next to, and when there is some kind of a challenge made...

everybody's got to be there.

if you get away from things like that and just organize your activities a little more low key, you'd be surprised at the respect you would earn from the police.

and quiet exhaust keeps them away too. i ran up against an eclipse turbo that was really...i mean REALLY fast last weekend. his bov was about 3 times louder than his exhaust, and the bov wasn't that loud. a well built matched exhaust will help you a hell of a lot more than a 4" open tube fart pipe with a coffee can on the end. i don't give a shit if you think it sounds like gil deferren's car. IT DOESN'T.

alright, enough of my dadvice....heheh, what do you drive?

and now that you mention ride height, lets talk about suspension and what a 2" drop on eibach coilovers does for your hookup (ie it kills your ability to stick to the ground in a drag race...now an autox, that's a whole different story.)

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   1:18 PM    [re: uglystick] 

ya, and it makes for a real smooth ride on the freeways in so cal. The 10 through banning is all cement and I love to watch the imports bounce up and down uncontrollably, and then they try to switch lanes in the shit, but they're jumping so much thier heads just about his the roof!!! Funny shit!

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   6:51 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

how does lowering a car make it unable to hook? never heard of that.

novaboy

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Aug 14, 02   9:16 PM    [re: novaboy] 

it doesnt give enough room for the springs to sink and plant.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

novaboy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   12:53 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

wierd...i would have thought that the stiffer rear suspension that the new springs offer would keep more weight on the front wheels and thus minimize wheel spin

novaboy

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   7:45 AM    [re: novaboy] 

well, im not a pro at knowing these things but stiffer springs means wheel hop also if im not mistaken.

--------------------------------------------------------------ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   2:41 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

a couple of reasons:

1. big rims with little tires suck dick. they are usually always hard compound tires which means they stick REAL well with not too much torque put to them, but if you get them spinning, they don't like to stop.

2. those tires combined with stiff springs don't let the springs take up the weight transfer of the vehicle, and so it forces all of the pressure on the tires (you'd think it'd hook up great), BUT that also makes the tires break loose quicker. especially when these kids think it's cool to spin the motor up to 5 grand and drop the clutch off the line. dumbshits.

3. you are absolutely right on the rear springs. they keep the FRONT end on the ground better, but the front springs defeat all of that purpose...

if i had to set up a fwd import to hook up, i'd put stiff drop springs in the front and chop the fronts 1 coil. out back, whatever rim/tire combo you want. up front, 13" rims w/ big sidewalls and super soft compound tires. no slicks.

jason

'64 El Camino w/ 383 Stroker; '75 BMW 3.0 CS w/ 3.2l Stroker; '78 IH Scout TBI/MSD 345 V8; '85 Jag XJS w/ 327 Dual Quad & Camelbacks; '96 Dodge Ram 4" Drop, 20's, Purdy...

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Aug 15, 02   3:40 PM    [re: uglystick] 

see, like i said, uglystick seems to know how to put what im thinking into words. lol

SweetNeon
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Sep 22, 02   1:27 PM    [re: uglystick] 

whats wrong with droping the clutch @ 5grand?

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Sep 23, 02   2:12 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

nothing at all, as long as you're not wearing a set of 40 series kuhmo ecsta's on 17" rims.... they'll spin till the cows come home.

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS - Terribly Un-stock.

ky88gt
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   9:52 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

This bill is bullshit, so anyone who is around when someone is racing gets a fine and jail time. that is total bullshit.

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Nov 4, 02   11:20 PM    [re: ky88gt] 

Not that it really matters for you, cause this bill only concerned California, so you rednecks over in Kentucky are safe for now...Same with us in Colorado. I think it's bullshit too, but I don't have to worry about it, neither do you.

~~~::::<Curtis Stryker>::::~~~

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   10:42 AM    [re: Stryker] 

it is NOT bullshit.

you know, if you want to race, be a fucking responsible human being. a race takes 2 people, not a fucking crowd of targets for stray cars, u-joints, tires, wheels, axle shafts, etc.

i honestly cannot believe that people are pissed about this. we should race like they do in michigan. show up at a gas station and go out two at a time. that's how it should be. that's how it's safe, and that's how it's simple to avoid the fuzz.

racing on a street as opposed to the strip is great. it's fun, it's easy, and it's free (except for the gallon or so of gas some of our cars gulp down in a quarter mile of full throttle...it's hard when your fuel pump flows more than a toilet).

myself, i'm more of an off the line light to light racer. break the speed limit by maybe 25mph for less than a few seconds...big deal. 'course (self aggrandizing bullshit on its way, watch out), my car will do 0-100 in less than 11 seconds, so it's easy to play without being caught...

jason

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   12:37 PM    [re: uglystick] 

I agree partially. I like watchin other people race...It's one of the funnest spectator sports *right after mudwrestling * and it's just fun to watch. Plus, don't forget, that a majority of the people who race do it to prove somethin, so what good would it be to race without anyone witnessing your mechanical/driving skills. I agree with ya that it does save lives *and that's what it was probably intended for*, but come on...If they don't wanna risk their lives, they won't be out there...Everyone knows how dangerous it is to race...or even to watch others race...But some people don't care...they like doin it anyways.

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   12:47 PM    [re: Stryker] 

first off stryker, i have nothing against you, don't take this the wrong way.

but 1. those are all the wrong reasons to race. a race is a competitive test of ones ability to build an engine/drivetrain/automobile that can accomplish a task, not a bigger dick contest. it's a challenge, not an ego trip. the ego trip is secondary...

second, it's NOT fun to watch. have you ever gone to the track? it's boring. it sucks watching other people do what you want to be doing, whether you're running that night or not. my humble opinion at least...

third, i guess if you want to treat it like some extreme sport (aka honda dodgeball), go right ahead. but racing is not necessarily a risky thing. a risk to your engine, etc...maybe, but if you're racing without properly taking the precautions necessary to save your own life, that's asinine. your statement of "if they don't wanna risk their lives, they won't be out there." really scares me. honestly, how many of those kids along the sidelines of an out in the middle of nowhere street race do you think have any idea the potential risk they are facing? a bunch of dumb shits following their friends is all i see.

bottom line: be responsible. racing through a crowd is not. it never will be. it's ignorant. don't fucking do it. what happens when somebody spits an axle right into the crowd, then goes sideways through a bunch of people? watch the news...i'm sure you'll see.

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   1:09 PM    [re: uglystick] 

well, i dont care what anybody says, it is an ego thing. it might not be to you but to most pepole it is. the smart thing to do is stay behind the cars that are racing and not stand all along the street that is getting raced on. thats the one thing that pepole do to risk their lives while watching races. to be honest with you, i feel good when pepole are watching the races that im in. I also like to be watching races too.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:14 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

uglystick can you honestly tell me your head doesn't get a little bit bigger when you smoke the new sportscar in the next lane? if it wasn't at all an ego thing we'd be racing against the clock and nothing else. you win you get an ego boost you can't deny that

the bill is perfectly right if you're endangering yourself or others you deserve a fine whether you're promoting the race or acting in it.

A race "needs" 2 people but in fairnesses sake you should have 4 atleast 3 starter, drivers and judge preferablt with a video camera to settle i beat you disputes.

watching racing is boring? well that all depoends on what cars are involved if youre watching cars that run slower than 12 it's gonna be boring. anything under especially lower that 8s is fun.

and the danger is why some people watch or even do it danger is adrenaline adrenaline is a rush everyone loves the rush thats the fun of it all

ford racing the biggest oxymoron EVER!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
resident chevette lover!

future chevette lover ->>

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Nov 5, 02   2:50 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

oh hell yeah! but it should be a function of the challenge, not a reason for the challenge. the only way i can describe this, is that i have a fast car. i could face crush everyone at the light, but i pick my battles. i don't go around lightin' em up next to hondas all day long unless they rev on me. if the ego was the REASON to race, you'd stomp EVERYONE....if the challenge was the reason to race, you'd pick your battles. that's the only way i can explain.

now as for watching racing...i'd rather be out in the middle of nowhere by myself romping on the gas than watch someone else who i don't know race. now my friends racing, different story. but there is usually a lot more history associated with challenges like that. the thing i'm bagging on is the 200 people show up for the 'street races' and line the curbs with people right down the street that people are racing on. it troubles me that people are that stupid.

and some of us do race against the clock (or in my case, the seat of my pants) more than we race against other cars. that's why i like light to light races. one tap of the gas and it's done. the dispute is settled. if i can beat your ass by 12 car lengths to 100mph, you cannot beat me in the quarter mile. there's no reason to exceed 100mph (or in most cases about 70mph, because they let off the gas long ago...)

but i think when you have a car that'll run a 12, you'd understand that the real adrenaline rush of it all is simply the acceleration, not who's in the next lane over. unless they talked shit at the light a few seconds back... ;-)

jason

ChevelleFreek
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   4:35 PM    [re: ky88gt] 

but Ky88gt siad that the racers and aneyone watching get the ticket.
why do spectators get the bull shit ticket?? i mean i can understand the racers.

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Nov 6, 02   4:56 PM    [re: ChevelleFreek] 

Yep, anyone watching too... which makes sense if you read uglystick's posts. If you have a one on one race and maybe a third vehicle of two or so friends spectating, it's ok. But you go out with 30 wanna-be drag racing rice racers, and it gets dangerous.

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   4:40 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Because it's when there are a lot of spectators that people get hurt...Ok...True story from 'round here...
Kid in a 2000 Firechicken wants to race a kid in his Integra Type R *A REAL type R*. So they take a bunch of their friends out to railhead and race. (Railhead is the local illegal dragstrip). They race out to the end. Integra-boy smokes the firechicken. So they decide to race back, using nitrous this time. Everyone is along the sides where they can't get hurt. So firechicken and type R are comin back, and 2 guys get into a 'my dick is bigger' contest, and one guy throws a punch. Integra-boy sees someone fly out into his path. He hits his e-brake and skids. He gets out of his car and sees that he just hit his best friend at 85MPH. He's pronounced dead at the scene.
MORAL of this story: When you have a bunch of kids who gather in groups, a lot more can happen other than just car parts flinging in different directions...Racing is an ego rush, sometimes even for those who aren't even racing. That's why spectators will get a ticket too...cause it's not always the racers that cause the accidents, and the people to get hurt....

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Nov 7, 02   7:44 PM    [re: Stryker] 

so what we are all trying to say is....Don't be a fucking asshat and have a shit load of people..just you, the guy your racing, and an inpartical judge. Or if you want all 1000 of your friends to watch. have them all chip in so you can take it to the track and pay to race and have real proof of whose faster

Edited by Satanismycopilot (Thu Nov 7, 02   7:51 PM)

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Nov 8, 02   11:40 AM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

asshat....hahahahahaha... yes, that's what i was saying as well.

jason

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Nov 8, 02   5:02 PM    [re: uglystick] 

I'm not opposed to the group-gatherings...just opposed to people bein stupid at them. Most of the people there are just there to socialize...and others race...I don't care how many people are there when I race...but they had better not be stupid 'bout it...or I'll call the damned cops myself!

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Nov 9, 02   8:23 PM    [re: uglystick] 

"asshat....hahahahahaha... yes, that's what i was saying as well. "

thank you thank you....and you know it dont cost that much, around here anyway to race. to go to the Acto Raceway here in south jersey it costs an amazing horrible, insane...........8 fucking dollars....yes 8 fucking dollars to have all your buddy's watch safely and get a nice lil time slip at the end

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:09 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

I remember when I first showed up on the PS Street Racing scene... not even 3 years ago, it was 95% hotrodders with your occasional import, which usually was something respectable that would actually throw a challenge or two to some of the hotrod guys. We never had problems. Sat out at indian for hours.. and hours.. all night, sometimes until the brink of sunrise.. the police never bugged us. If they did, it was only a "ok guys it's time to go home now...", no tickets, no boxing in, no harrassment, no BS. There were a number of people, maybe not as great as the numbers you see out there now, but it was still enough to where "someone could get hurt" - funny thing is, by my memory, no one ever did - until the imports came along. Now, I have nothing against imports themselves so let's just forget that idea right now. What I have problems with is these dumbfuck kids who, like mentioned above, just follow their friends.. or race stock hondas with beehives attached to the exhaust.. or bring beer, smoke dope, or generally act like a bunch of dimwitted 2-inch dick losers. After they started to show up in more and more gigantic numbers, tailing one another in caravans down the freeway (as if this wasn't an obvious "we're going street racing, wanna join officer?" to the CHP and local police), causing fights amongst other problems, the true adrenaline junkie racing fiends started paying for the stupidity of a bunch of kids. I'm not sure there's any solution to the problem other than telling hollywood to quit glorifying street racing with shit like "the slow and the curious", but, y'know.. everyone's gotta make their buck (even if vin diesel is a fag). It does make me wonder if the parents of these little racer-wannabes know where their kids are, or what they're up to... or even if they care for the well-being of their children. Y'know, there's such thing as a curfew for a goddamn reason, and I wish the parentals would be a little more attentive to the whereabouts of their offspring. I remember my dad was less than thrilled when I'd call him on occasion and rattle on about the most recent ass-whooping I'd seen at the races, but I was over 18 and 5 states away. What's he gonna do, fly out to smack me upside the head? Well, I'm sure he wanted to.. and I don't doubt that other parents would feel similarly.

Actually, I can pin the police intervention to one particular night - as usual we were gathered at 76 on indian, just BSing, drinking coffee, whatever... and some of the import kids showed up. Not much longer before a fight broke out between a couple of drunken morons that decided it was easier to determine whose dick was bigger by throwing punches rather than simply dropping trou and asking a few girlies to be the judge. The cops showed up, a few were arrested, and we were from there on out shooed from the 76 station every time we'd start to show up... as the numbers grew and the problems became more commonplace, the police intervention got stronger and more noticeable. I've never once, EVER, seen a hotrod driver lose his cool or do anything stupid at the races.. every moron I've ever seen was usually under the age of 18, intoxicated/high, driving an import, and/or just generally stupid.

I haven't been to the (street) races for over a year now.

Nowadays, the track sounds like a perfectly viable option. Sure beats trying to sneak around the law to see a race on public streets. If you're really such hot shit with something to prove, put your money where your mouth is and take it to a place where the clock can be the judge and there are no "I beat you" debates.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand

Metal396

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   8:18 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

AMEN karan

i could never , ever top what you just said. I couldnt agree with you more.

It all just goes to show you, what POP culture does to young kids. I would deffinately have fit in in " the good ol days" back in the 60s and early 70s. If not i woulda been there with you all in the desert a few years ago and earlier. I was just born too late....

I for one DO NOT fit in in todays crowd. And i do not intend to.

All that said, how have you been lately karan? ur arm doin better???? havent been around in a while, glad to see ya back!

----------------------------------------------------
Yeah Yeah, your car is better...... FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   9:34 PM    [re: Metal396] 

BAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH **roams around like a sheep**

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   10:13 PM    [re: Metal396] 

I never quite fit the picture, I just like to ride in fast cars and watch 'em race. I'll be tagging along to the PSCA events this season with bry and joe (they're going to have bry's 67 camaro running in the edelbrock hotstreet class, 'member all those people who doubted it'd go 8's?), I'm going to be doing little stuff for 'em so I can be on "pit crew" (I just love the sound of that.. me on a pit crew. r0ck!), and hang out at their booth and look cute. Street racing just sucks now. It was good before the imports came along.. sorry guys, but that's just how it is.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:28 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

I guess out here (now by out here I mean in the City I am from) we dont have the amount of ricerooni cars as you guys have but there are a few. Mainly the ricers that we do have are ones with a bit of guts to hold to em. but by the same token the cars are running high boost, no front mounted intercooler and are running ceramic turbos that tend to self destruct.

The meets that we have are all hush hush everyone knows every one and are very wary of new people and spectators.

I have on the odd occasion raced a ricer light to light, but after the first run I dont bother any more but they do, I have come to deal with that and they are the ones out here that cause accidents.

We have even more dickheads on "P" plates thinking that they are hot shit with their Laser TX 3 shit, and if you look at my car it looks agressive etc so I tend to get the dickheads wanna race. I will run one light with em and thats it but I dont go above the speed limit, there is no point once you have shown that you are infront of em you have one.

SOrry I know I have been rabbiting on a little sorray about that but I just wanted to say some shit

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 16, 03   11:48 PM    [re: JcAus] 

now now got rice nobody was doubting it would pull 8's what we were doubting was the fact that you said it would be indestructible atleast thats what i remember questions of the car ending up twisted after a few passes

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   1:35 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

DAYAMN. I couldn't ever top what she said either. I don't know that many words LoL *Just kiddin wit ya*
She does have a point though.
Street racing isn't very organized around here. A kid got killed out at our 'illegal strip' so all the racin goes on on the streets now. Someone sets up a race...places bets in hasting's parking lot...And then hit north ave. *local cruise road...about the buisiest road on friday and sat. nite* and race...Cops actually dont' seem to mind it as much...Sure, they still stop us...But they rarely write tickets...Just a warning, and better stay off north for a while. lol

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.

MrPeabody
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:27 AM    [re: Stryker] 

You're right, no one doubted 8's, it was just a question of structural stability

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   12:04 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

same thing here. sunrise blvd in sacramento. great cruise street, but it ain't shit for a drag strip. lots of light to light fun, nobody going more than 20 over the limit except the rice, and they have to do at least 40 over to catch up ;-)...

cops have more fun with the crotch rocket riders on that road than the domestics or imports. i've seen 9 or 10 cuffed bike folks pulled over, 1 domestic with no hood and an 8/71 weiand blower out the top of the engine compartment, dual quad, psycho shit....on slicks, probably a 9 second car at best. still, waaay to fast to be fuckin with the kiddies on the public road...

cops just don't want people to get hurt. because when they're out in full force and somebody does, there's going to be hell to pay.

it's still a blast to go down there and skullfuck every import/domestic/exotic in sight. i miss it. should have a tranny for the elco by the end of the month. then i can break something else.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Single T3/T4 Turbo w/ Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   9:33 PM    [re: uglystick] 

You wanna talk about structural stability? I don't think anything could break that damn thing, he has it so freakin reinforced that I'd be surprised if it ever came apart.. you should see all the work on that thing, it's amazing. I wish the guys had time to post pictures and captions on their site. I haven't seen my digicam for 3-4 months now as they've been spending EVERY day (I'm not kidding, 7 days a week, MINIMUM of 18 hours a day. I don't know how they don't just die), working on it and taking pictures of the progress. The rollcage alone looks like some kinda crazy jungle gym. You can shake and/or hit/kick that thing as hard as you want, the entire car moves.. it's totally solid. Bryan sure has an amazing talent for welding. But then again, practice makes perfect and he gets plenty of it. That camaro is just amazing.. I'm totally shocked at how awesome the work is that those guys have done on it. I just wish I could show it to everyone...

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   10:24 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

i checked it out last week, it couldnt be built better

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 17, 03   11:47 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

well that settles the chassis twisting problem then now lets see how often he has to overhaul the engine....boy it must be nice to own a race shop

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 20, 03   9:05 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

In reply to:

drinking coffee

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I live my life one paycheck at a time
Life sucks, get a fucking helmet!

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over!

quik67firebird

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 21, 03   10:22 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

I had to reply to GotRice... aka Karen.

-----> Well said. <-------

Street racing is not what it once was........

GotRiceBitch

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   3:43 PM    [re: quik67firebird] 

Thanks... and chad thanks for the compliment, bryan appreciates any recognition he gets for his efforts.. as far as overhauling the engine i dunno.. he doesn't say much about those kinds of details.. but regardless I wouldn't worry about it. He does own an engine shop and can build em whenever he wants.. everything's right there in front of him. I just can't wait til march to see it run.

Come away O human child
Than you can understand

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   6:09 PM    [re: GotRiceBitch] 

Zoom zoom. I'll beat em in my Z After droping in a 427, supercharged, pulled by a F-16

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   6:56 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

actually an f 16 won't run 8's

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 24, 03   9:45 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

Yeah yeah I know, your killin the vibe man

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jan 25, 03   3:20 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

and yer makin up the vibe man lay off the medication

a wise man once said OOSABOOSA BOO@O!!!

Stryker

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jan 26, 03   12:20 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

hahahahaha

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   12:29 PM    [re: Stryker] 

Stryker, noticed your sig. Got sumthin for ya if ya want to add it.

altezza boy altezza boy altezza boy altezza boy altezza boyaltezza boy altezza boy altezza boy altezza boy altezza boy
just kidding, here it is,

>.......................//
>....................,/../
>.................../..../
>.............//`...`/`
>........../`/.../..../......./\
>........(`(.......... ~/`...)
>.........\.................`...../
>..........`\`...\.......... _.
>............\..............(
>..............\.............\

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   12:53 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Hehehe, cool

-Ben

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   4:00 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

yousa postwhore. almost as bad as Hooyeah but it would taken him 3 posts to type, L O L

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   4:07 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Ok then. No more compliments for you

-Ben

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   4:48 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Edited by LethalToy (Mon Jan 27, 03   4:49 PM)

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   9:07 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Post whore!

-Ben

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   9:34 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I may be a post whore but your a post slut.

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Jan 27, 03   9:44 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Ouch... <----- oh no, did it again!

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   5:04 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

lethal are you eating paint chips again?

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   1:22 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

He certainly soundsl like it. Is a post whore someone who just writes stuff just to take up s p a c e ?

--------------------------------------------------------------
50cc diesel powered tarmac eating slingshot.
I could beat any of you....Just bring it.

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   1:27 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Ok, i have got a Word file which is two pics of naked birds that are just made up of little dots and letters, but look really real. and i was trying to post one, it didnt work out, and now im stuck on this screen, so i gotta post something. that was it.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   2:11 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

ooh naked birds aren't you special go eat worms or some crazy shit like that

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   6:39 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

I know a place where you can put that goped. It's wide and deep and full of semen. You haven't earned the right to try and make fun of me malaka.

Hooyeah, I don't eat paint chips fool, you do, remember. I eat paste.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   9:33 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

oh yeah the paint chips were my main course:D

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Jan 28, 03   9:35 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

with a side order of blonde.

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   1:16 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

I wasn't taking the piss out of you. what the hell is a malaka? if youre gonna insult me, call me a stupid teen freak fuckup of a brit. i can understand that.

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Jan 29, 03   8:43 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

malaka is greek. go look it up.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   4:30 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

Motherfucking
Asshole
Kissing
Asshole

thats why it was to you bitchy brit stupid fuck nutted bith whore go ped driving nimrod

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   8:22 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Ok, sure, whatever makes you happy. and where can i get a greek dictionary? cos it ain in our ones.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   8:33 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

ok you're sititng on a chair typing on the world wide web the #1 source of information in the world...so heres what you doo look it op and figure it the fuck out!

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   10:01 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

You know, I got allot of respect for goped boy here. He get's bitched and bitched and doesn't bitch back like chad, or run away crying like gjonny

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   11:06 AM    [re: LethalToy] 

you're a greek i can tell, lethal.

got your fuckin rigs out front of Zorba's fine athenian cuisine.

use windex much?

;-)

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   12:43 PM    [re: uglystick] 

LOL! That was a badass movie

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   1:06 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I dont wanna bitch back cos guess what? a whole loada more bitchin coming my way. i used to get bullied some at school, so u kinda learn about taking a lot of abuse. i also learnt that you only start bitching back when you have a nice hefty bit of 2x4 in your hand.

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   1:11 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

I found out... malacca, not malaka, means either masturbator or fuck off, im not sure which. lethal, you know greek? or do you only know the useful words, like malaka?

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   6:42 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

You send your old lady this way and if she comes back wrecked then you'll know if i'm Greek.

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   9:06 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Or you could just look at the name of the building in back of the cars

-Ben

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Jan 30, 03   9:37 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

very observant ben

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jan 31, 03   11:37 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

lol

yo lethal check youse email foo.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Korman Twin Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Rayjay Adjustible Wastegate; Haltech E6K; 6 Speed?

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   10:39 AM    [re: uglystick] 

Lethal you own a....(squint) Greek tavern?

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   1:54 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

what?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Feb 1, 03   7:15 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

co-own

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   12:26 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

Hey, does anyone mind me changing the subject? no? cos ive starting seeing a LOT of chryslers over here, mostly people carriers, but a few saloon cars. do any of you know a reason for this? have chrysler ( or is it daimlerchrysler? i dunno) started importing cars into the uk? ok, we can go back to talking bout greek taverns now.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Feb 2, 03   12:34 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

what cars are they importing they make a few different models and what trim level are they?

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   12:30 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

I dunno, I'll find out.

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   11:57 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

ok, ive had a look around, and all the chryslers i have seen are Voyagers, which are people carriers. y'know, vans for carrying people. i dunno, i dont speak American car language. I'd tell you what the trim level was, if i knew what trim level was... I think that maybe a chrysler dealer has opened up nearby. its mostly some of the richer people (earning 8000 and above per year) which own them. We're kinda poor right now, so all wehave is a OLD VW jetta, with what looks like a fart cannon, but is actually the rusty holes in the exhaust muffler farting good ol carbon di out. i suppose itd run about high 27s, and does 0-60 in 4 and a half hours.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Feb 3, 03   12:51 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

well hate to break it to you but chryselr imports alot of cars into the uk

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   8:24 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

why d'you hate to break it to me? its just ive only started seeing them about lately. also, do you have Ford cougars in the states?

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Feb 4, 03   12:50 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

mercury cougars

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   5:58 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

did someone say COUGAR?!?

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   10:45 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

Bourbon???

Mmmmmm and Coke yes please, but I prefer Bundy Rum and coke

lol
Jc

----------------

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 5, 03   11:05 PM    [re: JcAus] 

My mom had a 68 Cougar, wasn't the XR-7 though. Now that was a badass car

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   6:44 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

I think that thw ford puma is the brit version of the cougar. do you have cougars OR pumas in the states? I dunno. My fingers hurt. g'bye.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Feb 6, 03   12:47 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

pumas are little tiny bitch cars if my memory serves me correctly

cougars are a midsize

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Feb 7, 03   8:21 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

The puma is the smaller version of the cougar. I don't think its very small, but i guess a lot of the american cars (especially the 50's-90's) are a lot bigger than uk cars.

red82
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 12, 03   1:09 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

Are the people in congress stupid? They will never stop illegal street racing. They can raise the jail time to 1 year and the fines to $5000. People are still going to race. It is only illegal because of the risk of someone getting hurt or killed. I think I have the solution to the problem. The goverment needs to build a drag strip in every major city and charge racers $5-$10 per race and bystanders $1-$5. And have the drag strip open 24hrs a day. That way everybody is happy. It will be race at your own risk. So what do you all think of my idea.

GO FAST STAY SAFE

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 12, 03   8:41 AM    [re: red82] 

race and spectate at your own risk? That's an awesome fucking idea! Dood, you should call the race tracks and tell them that shit... i can't believe no one thought of it sooner!!!!

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 12, 03   9:57 AM    [re: sweetdevil] 

wow, now why didnt i think of that?

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 12, 03   11:53 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

you dom't wanna know what i tihnk of your idea

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Feb 20, 03   4:40 PM    [re: red82] 

You know what, while I was in the US I picked up a DVD produced by SDStreetracing, and I am watching all these little shits standing like 1/2 a metre off the road and you know what? It does not take long for some one to break some traction and fucking start to drift a little (if they have an....Shit now I am thinking back 4 years...ummmm is it an LSD where one wheel spins faster than the other if you break traction?)

Twas a good DVD but it really shows the reality of how young people are doing this dangerous shit and then complaining that the cops dont leave em alone.

You wanna race... call up a couple of mates and go some where secluded or even better use a track.

Jc

----------------

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Feb 22, 03   9:51 PM    [re: JcAus] 

yes lsd will do many things =)

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm

LethalToy

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   2:50 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

so will alchohol, your living proof.

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Feb 23, 03   4:34 PM    [re: LethalToy] 

mr funny red neck

dum da dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Feb 25, 03   12:41 PM    [re: SweetNeon] 

And lab experiments......nah just jokes :P

But I have seen some funny shit where fuckers have side swiped some poor cunt because they dont know how to drive and to tell you the truth they were on the "P's"

Jc

----------------

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Feb 25, 03   1:02 PM    [re: JcAus] 

WTF are the "P's" probalby ausie slang

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Feb 25, 03   6:22 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

In Aussie land you have 3 main levels of licenses
"L's" Stand for lerner license. Which means you have to have some one with their full license in the car with you (approx 1 year or something) and you have 1 point on your L's

"p's" stand for provisional license. Which means you are allowed to drive by yourself (must have for 3 years)
then your full license. 6 points standard but if you do a course it gets bumped up to 8

Then with your full license you are given 12 points to last 3 years

if you loose to many points you loose your license

Jc

----------------

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   12:57 PM    [re: JcAus] 

we have a similair system here except it runs G1 G2 then G yet in america it differs from state to state i do beleive

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   1:30 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

we got that kinda shit on Gran Turismo... he he

It changed a few years ago, but when I got my license, you got your learner's permit at 15, then you got your license at 16. Now there's all sortsa crazy rules and shit... have to have your learner's permit for so many months, can't drive anyone under a certain age past a certain time if you're under a certain age... it's all whack

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   2:05 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

Actually, you have to be 18 now to have a liscence...

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   3:40 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

sure ya do.

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Single Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; External Rayjay Wastegate @ 1psi; Haltech E6K; EBC

Metal396

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   4:29 PM    [re: uglystick] 

really? i thought that law was never passed...... guess i got mine just in time lol

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   4:54 PM    [re: Metal396] 

Yup, went through in January I believe. You just missed it

-Ben

uglystick

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   6:04 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

WHAT? you're shitting me...i don't believe it i want proof.

jason

Project Junkyard Greyhound - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; Single Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; External Rayjay Wastegate @ 1psi; Haltech E6K; EBC

Metal396

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Feb 26, 03   9:47 PM    [re: uglystick] 

well i missed it by about 7 months then..... lol

turboZ

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Thu Feb 27, 03   7:28 PM    [re: Metal396] 

this sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Feb 28, 03   4:33 AM    [re: turboZ] 

actually it's a good thing less ricers on the road at 16 now they'll have to be older hopefully more mature ricers

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Feb 28, 03   11:28 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Good point, but there's still plenty of non-ricers that have to wait untill 18 to drive, I know that woulda killed me when i was 16

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Mar 10, 03   2:42 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

over here i think you can have a provisional license from 16, then when youre 17 you get a full license. and about them stupid guys standing on the side of the road during a race, i mean, that is so dangerous. for example, has anyone here seen the bit on F&F, the first race, the 5 min, 1/4 mile one? well, when his floor board fell out, in reall life, it could have taken somebodys head off. around here we have all the ricers in vauxhall novas and vw golfs. i guess these are pretty much the equivelant of the honda civic in the U.S i really dont get ricers. trying to save up enough cash for a new wing or thinking they can get nos on their puny little 1.5 litre cars for 150. dumb.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Mar 10, 03   3:43 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

it's only dangerous if the drivers don't know what they're doing i've stood 20 feet from the track at ihra ervents....and in real life floorboards don't fall out so thats not a concern

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Mon Mar 10, 03   11:50 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

well, they might fall out if they were glued on by some stupid ricer? anyway, i cant wait for three years to come b4 i can drive. im kinda toying with the idea of riding a bike tho. my dad had a bike, and he came off on a patch of black ice when he was 16, so my mums not too keen. but, we'll see...

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Mar 11, 03   1:40 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

go look at your cars floorboards and tell me how they're attached

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Mar 11, 03   4:08 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

mine are made out of stainless diamond plating and they are riveted in. how about yours? LOL

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Mar 11, 03   4:29 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Mine to... but I got da red washers instead of green casue dey match da Z yoz...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Mar 11, 03   4:37 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

ah, thats what i forgot to mention. i have blue ones to match my white paint.

sweetdevil

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   9:54 AM    [re: BlownGTP] 

what are floorboards?

ya....

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   12:31 PM    [re: sweetdevil] 

I found in a car sale mag yesterday a wagon with the wood panneling, whoa look tough....not

Jc

----------------

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:28 PM    [re: JcAus] 

i had a few wood paneled wagons those tihngs rock!

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Wed Mar 12, 03   1:31 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

This thing was bright blue with the panelling, looked ok but not my style

Jc

----------------

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   5:02 AM    [re: JcAus] 

yeah i know, a most of the cars round here are riveted on, or bolts and washers, whatever. but, something the ricers round here seem to like in their cars is funny alloy pedal covers, and alloy floor boards, to make em look like a proper racing car interior. which means they have to take out the old floor boards and put the new ones in. would you trust a ricers technical knowledge to go so far as putting floor boards in?

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Mar 15, 03   3:40 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

yeah it is pretty hard to weld in floorboards huh sticking 2 peices of metal together with a welder very complicated (ducttape and sheetmetal also work)

Fury
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jun 8, 03   10:32 AM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

That's retarded! Just because some people race on public roads and not in safe areas...doesn't mean they should screw it up for everyone... I think they should just enforce the crap where people are endangering others.

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jun 8, 03   3:39 PM    [re: Fury] 

are you jsut repeating what everyone else said? racing IS dangerous and it SHOULD be enforced

BlownGTP

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jun 8, 03   8:17 PM    [re: Fury] 

If you want to take the risk of getting caught or killing someone, go ahead!!! it is dangerous.

tn_racer_19
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 5, 03   12:18 PM    [re: NeEdAcAr] 

i know,i went up to virginia the other day and got pulled over for having my street glow on and he checked my whole car, and fined me for my
muffler and i had my nos hooked up. they have some of the weirdest laws. All we want to do is have fun.

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 5, 03   3:00 PM    [re: tn_racer_19] 

ha ha, loser. and you dug up an age old ass thread here.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 5, 03   6:19 PM    [re: tn_racer_19] 

he pulled you over because it's illegal he gave you tickets because those things are illegal...wait you didnt get any tickets did you! bet you don't even have a twin turbo supra and list your mods as upgraded turbo what one did you upgrade left right top or bottom.... silly rabbit

DieselGoPed

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   1:55 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

Yeah, glows and neons and whatever are illegal cos the police reckon youre trying to imitate emergency vehicles. and thats in ANY colour.
so, how much did you spend on that glower kit? just think, if you hadnt wasted that..... what? $4-500 bucks? you could have spent it under the hood.
What car is it? Does the nitrous actually work? or did you just buy the bottle and the stickers?
Also. think about the word.. muffler. The whole point of a muffler is to 'muffle' the engine and exhaust, quieten it down. So what you have there is not a muffler, its a fart cannon. Which is also pointless and stupid.
Do yourself a favour. get rid of all that crap on your car... including any ott body kits/whatever you have probably got. sell it all, and use the money you get to make your car go faster

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   3:49 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

i think they're illegal here because its a distraction to other drivers but you got the basic idea

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   7:09 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

in the states the law very from state to state like in florida you can run straight pipes no cats no mufflers just straight headers. BUT i dont see how they can give you a ticket in a different state as long as you meet your home states specs. because the guy said he if from tennessee and went to virgina and got a ticket in virgina. but i think neons are illegal nation wide because they are distracting along with those glowing wiper fluid things. but muffler? i dont think so

hooyeah

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   8:02 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

i think they do have to meet a certain decibal regulation in some places but the cops dont really carry equipment in their cars to check sound loudness...

MrPeabody

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sun Jul 6, 03   11:28 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

No shit, and that's what pisses me of. My buddy was pulled over in his CRX a while ago. Cop said his exhaust was too loud. Now, the law is it can't exceed 85 decibels at 2500 RPM. He told the cop that, and the cop said, "I don't know, they just tell us if we can hear it 500 feet away, it's illegal."
Well no shit, I can hear stock cars from 500 feet away. Then we find out they don't even have a decible tester at the CHP. I don't see how you can enforce a law you don't even know the specifics of.

[/rant]

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Fri Jul 11, 03   10:53 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

chp in the valley has got one, one of my mod exhast tickets i had to get signed off at the chp was a pain in the ass, i even went throu all the trouble of puting the stock muffler back on and the bitch was still to loud, when i parked the car to go in the office i shoved some steal wool in the exhaust so when it came time for the dude to test my shit it was quiet untill he told me to rev it up at which point the steal wool flue out lol the officer was laughing his ass off and ended up leting me go. my point is officers these days can enforce the laws how ever they want depending on the person they are dealing with

Satanismycopilot
Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 12, 03   6:25 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

i guess new jersey is different because as long as you have cats your cool

kula

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Sat Jul 12, 03   2:17 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

we have the same problem here as well. Cops have no equipment to enforce the law so most of the rice crap have exhaust's that you can hear from a mile down the road.

- Mike

JcAus

Re: Senate Bill 2087 new   Posted Tue Aug 12, 03   12:09 AM    [re: kula] 

Oh man an old thread brought back to life, I even read an old post of mine.

Interesting story about some ass pirate of penzanz out here, who said to a mate of mine oh man I got NOS. He is like sweet can I have alook at it, and he is sure come over, so he does and when he gets there, has a look and the guy goes its a sneaky pete kit here are the "bottles" and all the braided lines ok my mate said it looked ok but when he was invited into the house he saw a soda stream machine (Not sure if you guys have em out there, but they have little canisters of carbonated gas) so my mate goes what did your mom say about you taking the soda stream bottles.....

He was like eh nothing and this rice boy went to so much effort of painting the bottles and getting NOS stickers for em. When asked where he gets it filled he didnt have the answer. lol Poof

OUt here the interstate authorities cant defect you unless they know the laws in the state that you live in

Except NSW RTA Poofs they do any one

Jc

----------------

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1