Drag-City Construction Begins - CVSR Forums

Misc
   >> CVSR News
Thread views: 141934

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Drag-City Construction Begins   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   12:23 PM     

Construction on the new 1/4 mile racing facility in Banning, CA is scheduled to begin June 20th. The media will be there, along with some well-known racers and their cars to officially start construction on the project, which starts around 11am. It's about time!!

www.drag-city.com

Post Extras: Print Post

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   3:17 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

i wish they would do somthing like that here. all we have is GLD and it sucks.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   7:08 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

just gotta say nice profile pic gtp go pontiac

and yeah we could all use a nice new track

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   9:10 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

LOL, thanks. i thought someone would like it.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   10:42 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

In reply to:

Poster: hooyeah
Subject: Re: Drag-City Construction Begins

just gotta say nice profile pic gtp go pontiac

and yeah we could all use a nice new track

i dont need one...i have Acto Raceway one the best and fastest tracks on the east coast

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   5:52 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

jsut face it you still want a better track :-p

Satanismycopilot
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   6:44 AM    [re: hooyeah] 

nope

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   10:32 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

man... i want a road-course... hehe... we have a drag racing strip which is a lot of fun... but I want somewhere we can test handling as well as acceleration... but that'd prolly be expensive as hell to insure and would cost an arm and a leg to drive your car out there... i mean... we have an AutoX circuit... but thats little and its made of cones... and them cones get confuzing... hehe... just a road course like the one the Nascar guys were racin on today... heh...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   7:36 AM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

i got one about twenty minutes driver from here, so if i want to get into racing when im older ill be all ready. but theres a problem, safety laws are a lot stricter over here, and to legally compete in ANY speed event in a vehicle, you have to have all sorts of stuff like a rollcage, fire extinguisher, electrical cut off switches, ignitions cut off swicthes, an MSA reccomended crash helmet, bucket seats.................... all sorts of crap like that. whereas in america you can just turn up, pay your $10 and race, without paying a bomb to modify your car.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   11:37 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Actually, in road racing, (not autocross), you need all those items over here. Just feel lucky that your geological area embraces the cool types of racing, i.e. rally and circuit tracks

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   11:44 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

I'm not sure about anywhere else... but here the amount of safety stuff you have to have depends on how fast your car runs the 1/4... altho... from what i've heard from the ppl on the fiero forum texas seems to be a lot less strict when it comes to regulations and such... some places if you run under a 13 you have to wear a helmet and have an ignition kill switch or somethin and a fire extinguisher? i donno... but here its like... if you run under a 12 you have to have a helmet and fire extinguisher... not sure about roll bar regulations or any of that... but i believe if your car runs the 1/4 at 150mph or higher you have to have a chute... I'm not exactly sure... most of the time you just drive up pay your $10 and get in line to race then go... not sure if they check your car out and everything... its pretty funny up there tho... you can always tell where the ricers park because there's always a back seat, front passenger seat, amps, subwoofer, speakers, hoods, spare tires, jacks, and pretty much anything else you can think of that involves the sound system of a car...

-Daniel

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   1:22 PM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

doncha have to go through some sort of scrutineering or test before they let you race? where they look over your car, check the engine and mountings, tyre pressures etc and check everything is ok? s'like that over here. but yeah, theres a lot of rallying and off road racing here. comp safaris and hill rallies theyre called. really cool to watch, people screaming past at 60 mph over bumps and jumps in beach buggies and stuff...... pretty impressive

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   1:39 PM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

I know here if you run a 11.80 or better you have to have a roll cage. and if you run over 120 mph on a bike, you need to wear full leathers.

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   3:14 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

leathers eh? my dad used to street race motorbikes y'know. he slipped on a patch of black ice and went straight into a lampost at like 35 mph.
looked like someone had opened a packet of Tic-Tacs onto his face and surrounding area.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   7:40 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

hehe... i dont think you HAVE to have a roll cage here... friend of mine's fiero runs an 11.5 and he doesn't have a cage and he used to run it all the time... Altho... i think he took that car apart and is building it with a bigger engine and better transmission... he'll be runnin that soon... and it'll be a lot faster than 11.5 still without a cage... hehe...

-Daniel

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:12 AM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

does everyone in texas have a fiero or just you two? and if i was running better than elevens id kinda feel a LOT safer with a cage. but they say.... is it for every 50 pounds of weight you lose on your car you gain a tenth of a secong in 1.4 mile time? i think its summat like that.

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   12:18 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

It's actually closer to 100 lbs.

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   11:03 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Actually not very many ppl here have fieros... but the fiero community is such that most everyone with a fiero is friends with everyone else with fieros... the car has nearly a cult following... hehe... but ya... in my area i know 4 or 5 guys that have one.. just most ppl that have fieros are enthusiasts 'cuz not many other ppl want one because of their reputation...

and cages are a bitch to put in a fiero IMO... hehe... and they aren't cheap... lol...

-Gor

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   2:10 AM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

hehehe, when i first saw the pic of your car )in ur singnau=turersms.... damn i cant type 2 day ) i thought it was a rear engined MR2! jeez, was i a dumbass or what?
look at it, the way its got a vertical rear wind shield makes it look a bit like an mr2, dont you think? no? didnt think so

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   11:57 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

The MR2 and Fiero are actually pretty close in basic design, mid engine rear wheel drive. Though the MR2 is a 4 banger.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   12:26 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

and some mr2's are turbo.

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   12:48 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

Isn't the mr2s chassis design similar to that of a ferrari? cos all the ferrari replicas are built on to mr2s.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   3:40 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

here in jersey i do believe if you run anywhere in 11's you need a helmet, kill switch and extingusher. a roll cage at 9's and a parachute at like around 150mph somewhere in there

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:16 PM    [re: BlownGTP] 

In reply to:

and some mr2's are turbo.

Yes indeed. And some 1st gens were supercharged to, though i'd prefer the 3SGTE (turbo mill) over the super anyday

-Ben

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:21 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

The Mr2 chassis and ferrari chassis are similar in that they are mid engined... thats about it... same with the fiero chassis and ferrari chassis... they're all mid engined... and you'll probably see more fiero-ferrari rebodies than MR2... i think the main kit cars that use the MR2 is the Ferrari Modena and 355... the 355 is more commonly found on the fiero, but i have seen a bunch of kits for the Mr2 also... Just more ppl use the Fiero for a re-body because you can get a donor fiero for $1grand or less and the MR2 is a LOT more... most of the re-bodies are on the new MR2's (or atleast that i've seen) and them cars are $20grand+.... and the fiero is cheaper to maintain if it breaks.. altho... i dont think the new MR2 would break.... hehe...

but.... if you ask me... the Fiero is a much better car than the MR2... altho i may be a little biased

-Daniel

Caddy 500ci. Fiero

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   9:07 AM    [re: Gorgoth3k1] 

Hehehe, nothing against Fiero's, but I would take a 2nd gen Mr2 Turbo over it anyday. The 3SGTE is a badass engine, and can make some great power

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   1:26 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

Why is it you seem obsessed with jap crap?
and hows the z coming along? give us an update.
its not pink is it?

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   2:58 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Hehehe, call me a JDM Whore, I just love their cars. I'm constantly impressed with the quality and designs. I like American cars no doubt about it, but they feel cheap and incomplete to me. I do have more of an affinity for the classics though.

The Zs doing well. I recently replaced the brake booster. I have to refinish the rear hatch due to the previous owner and his double deck wing mounting points. He decided to glue the support shims with some sort of super glue. So, it has damaged the paint. My dad used to work at a body shop back in the day so we should be able to take care of that with little effort. I need to get the tachometer working and the rest of the emblems put on. I need to find a front bumper and try out another transmission I have lying around. Other then that, shes set

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   4:07 PM    [re: MrPeabody] 

you raced her much yet? and i agree with you, that wing was phucking awful, belonged on a WW1 biplane!
but yeah, i like jap cars as well. as a mattre of fact ive got a short list of cars that id like to have one of.
i like supras, you can get em for about 3 grand now, vayxhall vectra, you prolly aint hear of em cos theyre leaky brit cars but id like one, a for mondeo or capri. failing that, id either get a crosser (bwaaap, bwaaaaap ) or id have to get a land rover, but id get a 90 cos i love them.
with the rear hatch, cant you just weld a thin plate of metal over it, sand it and paint it again to cover up the holes? or would it stick out too much?
you know some of these modding ricer magazines, they can be pretty useful like that, tell you how to de handle your doors (now aint that useful) remove badges etc, but that stuff could be used for something positive.

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   5:27 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Haven't officially raced the Z. I've had a few stoplight races, and i've raced a few buddies at a marked 1/4.

What years are those Supras for 3 G's?

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   3:17 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

ummmmmmmmm about 92 to 97 i think, but thats with nothing special done to em. if you want the twin turbo rz its closer to 10 grand, 14 for good ones. but if you just want a stock 3.0 (which will be more than enough for me) then yeah, you can get em for about 3-4 grand if you look. are they called import cars in the states cos the only way you can buy one is to buy it in japan and have it shipped over? cos we have toyota, hyundai honda etc dealers here.
For example...... http://www.findit.co.uk/cars/toyota/supra/688561.htm

MrPeabody

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   10:34 AM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

Most people generally refer to Japanese cars as imports, though I would consider any non-US designed car an import. We have dealers for all of them here. The MK4 Supras, (93-98 over here), go for allot more. A non-turbo will run for around 10-15, while a turbo model goes for around 25 or more.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   11:28 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

yea, just check out www.autotrader.com and youll see

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   2:08 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

3 grand american or 3000 pounds?

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   3:23 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

3 grand in good ol pounds sterling, which would be a little more in dollars, but not much i guess.
jeez, supras are expensive over there then. if you spend a decent while looking around here, you can pick up quite a good deal on supras.
still comes down to bloody insurance

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   5:08 PM    [re: DieselGoPed] 

3000 popunds is like 5 grand american...but look at the higher running cost in insurance and gas there compared to here

Satanismycopilot
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 27, 03   9:39 PM    [re: hooyeah] 

the value of the pound vs the dollar has nothing to due with operating costs or cost of living. has to due with currency exchange rate, how much gold, silver, etc that country has to back up its notes

/useless info junky

DieselGoPed

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sat Jun 28, 03   3:45 AM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

it aint useless. can help you decide when to go on holiday to the states or you lot to come over here etc.. but generally the pound is worth more than a dollar.
summat like that

hooyeah

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jul 4, 03   8:02 PM    [re: Satanismycopilot] 

i realise the valuie of money itself has no effect in cost of living but its a pretty well known fact certain places have higher gas and insurance rates than here just because you pay XXX amount doesnt mean britian pays the same amount

VW_Nut

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Aug 27, 03   1:12 PM    [re: FwyWarrior] 

Is this place for real and will it ever actually be built? So far it is only a white water tower, yeah, a place to race: motorcycles.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!

Pierron
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Jun 22, 05   1:06 AM    [re: MrPeabody] 

wanna race

quik67firebird

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jun 23, 05   1:10 PM    [re: Pierron] 

Yes....

SweetNeon

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sun Jul 24, 05   9:26 PM    [re: quik67firebird] 

i'll race the winer

quik67firebird

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Thu Jul 28, 05   9:57 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

Deal......

futr_civic_racer
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Wed Aug 24, 05   11:11 AM    [re: SweetNeon] 

I thought that said "weiner" at first.

GT500
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Mar 9, 07   10:46 AM    [re: futr_civic_racer] 

LOL

hey sup

NOS
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Mar 9, 07   7:00 PM    [re: GT500] 

replying to a kid that doesnt post here anymore because ITS A FUCKING 7 MONTH OLD THREAD RETARD

if u read this than FUCK YOU

and ur mom fingers herself everythime she sees me

GT500
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Mar 9, 07   10:50 PM    [re: NOS] 

fuck u

hey sup

Riceracer
Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Fri Jun 15, 07   5:39 PM    [re: NOS] 

Try three year and 7 (now 10) month old topic retard.

01RegalGS

Re: Drag-City Construction Begins new   Posted Sun Nov 4, 07   2:00 PM    [re: Riceracer] 

Ooh, Ooh. Pick me!

I know the Answer!

4 Years, 4 Months, 16 days, 1 Hour and 35 Minutes!

Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to

Contact Webmaster | Privacy statement CVSR.NET

UBBThreads™ 5.5.1